Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- How to best use data in remote learning 24 September 2020
- Report: Teacher pay still lags peers in other professions by 19.2% 24 September 2020
- How are educators coping with various teaching methods this school year? 24 September 2020
- As schools go remote, finding 'lost' students gets harder 24 September 2020
- What I wish all educators understood about the Supreme Court's DACA decision 24 September 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Ayanna Cooper
Name: Ayanna Cooper
Bio: Ayanna Cooper, EdD, is a consultant, author, keynote speaker, and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. As owner of ACooper Consulting, she provides technical assistance to state departments of education and other clients with the goal of improving outcomes for students. She emphasizes the importance of building capacity to develop and sustain English language programs, use English language proficiency data, and improve instructional practices. She is currently serving on the TESOL Board of Directors.
Ayanna Cooper's Posts
- November 18, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Staffing and Supporting EL Programs. What’s This Year’s Professional Learning Plan?
- September 3, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 2)
- August 7, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 1)
- July 2, 2019: The Civil Rights of English Learners
- September 4, 2012: $5.69 Professional Development