Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- 5 practical ways teachers can respond to, 'I don't get it.' 13 April 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 13 April 2021
- Survey: Even as schools reopen, many students learn remotely 13 April 2021
- Level Up Your Online Teaching With OBS 13 April 2021
- Biden Education Department approves one request to cancel state tests but rejects others 13 April 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Ayanna Cooper
Name: Ayanna Cooper
Bio: Ayanna Cooper, EdD, is a consultant, author, keynote speaker, and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. As owner of ACooper Consulting, she provides technical assistance to state departments of education and other clients with the goal of improving outcomes for students. She emphasizes the importance of building capacity to develop and sustain English language programs, use English language proficiency data, and improve instructional practices. She is currently serving on the TESOL Board of Directors.
Ayanna Cooper's Posts
- November 18, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Staffing and Supporting EL Programs. What’s This Year’s Professional Learning Plan?
- September 3, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 2)
- August 7, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 1)
- July 2, 2019: The Civil Rights of English Learners
- September 4, 2012: $5.69 Professional Development