Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- 3 tips to cultivate meaningful parent engagement 25 January 2021
- Access to college admissions tests — And lucrative scholarships — imperiled by the pandemic 25 January 2021
- TESOL Applauds Executive Orders Issued by U.S. President Biden 25 January 2021
- Latino groups ask Biden team to push back English language testing amid COVID concerns 25 January 2021
- TESOL Joins Over 180 Organizations in Call for Bipartisan Immigration Reform in the United States 25 January 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Ayanna Cooper
Name: Ayanna Cooper
Bio: Ayanna Cooper, EdD, is a consultant, author, keynote speaker, and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. As owner of ACooper Consulting, she provides technical assistance to state departments of education and other clients with the goal of improving outcomes for students. She emphasizes the importance of building capacity to develop and sustain English language programs, use English language proficiency data, and improve instructional practices. She is currently serving on the TESOL Board of Directors.
Ayanna Cooper's Posts
- November 18, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Staffing and Supporting EL Programs. What’s This Year’s Professional Learning Plan?
- September 3, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 2)
- August 7, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 1)
- July 2, 2019: The Civil Rights of English Learners
- September 4, 2012: $5.69 Professional Development