Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Among students learning English in Burbank, there are more Armenian speakers than Spanish, school officials say 22 June 2017
- Preparing to more effectively teach English learners next year 22 June 2017
- Most K-12 spending goes to salaries and benefits 22 June 2017
- King Abdulaziz University steps up operations to develop English language teaching profession 22 June 2017
- Too few ELL students land in gifted classes 22 June 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Christel Broady
Name: Christel Broady
Bio: Dr. Christel Broady is a professor of graduate education directing the online ESL teacher education program, which received highest rankings in the state and nation for its quality. She teaches a wide range of technology graduate courses and she is also the representative for Quality Matters, A NATIONAL BENCHMARK FOR ONLINE COURSE DESIGN, for all independent colleges in Kentucky. She has been producing a long list of publications, keynotes talks, presentations, and awards and recognitions in the area of CALL. Additionally, Dr. Broady has been an NCATE program reviewer and she was the TESOL representative for CAEP. In addition, Dr. Broady represents TESOL on a national workgroup for the seal of bilinguality in K-12 schools. She was the president of the Kentucky TESOL, conference organizer of a state TESOL conference, and president at the Southeast states TESOL conference. At TESOL, she chaired the Elementary Education Interest Section and is on the steering committee for Video and Digital Media. Dr. Broady is an EFL learner herself. She represents immigrants living in multicultural and –lingual families raising school age multilingual children in the USA. Most of all, she is a lifelong learner and technology geek!
Christel Broady's Posts