Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Refugee children's academic outcomes similar to non-refugee peers despite learning challenges 27 May 2016
- Make ESSA accountability rules clear and strong, Democrats tell the Education Department 27 May 2016
- From interaction to discourse: Increase EL academic language proficiency 27 May 2016
- Supporting English language learners with next-gen tools 27 May 2016
- Peace Corps launches English language program in Vietnam 27 May 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Char Heitman
Name: Char Heitman
Bio: Char Heitman is a senior instructor at the American English Institute at the University of Oregon and has been teaching for 25 years. She has taught ESL/EFL in the United States, Japan, Holland, and Spain. Her teaching and professional interests include pronunciation, oral skills, fluency, discourse and pragmatics, materials development, alternative assessment, and project-based learning.
Char Heitman's Posts
- January 31, 2014: Incorporating Pronunciation Instruction Across the Curriculum