Subscribe to TESOL Blog
TESOL English Language Bulletin
- Social-Emotional Learning and the Middle School Student 27 March 2023
- Teachers in India to Receive TESOL English Teaching Credential 27 March 2023
- Peer review in multilingual classes 27 March 2023
- TESOL Announces Professional Development for Honduran English Teachers 27 March 2023
- A dual immersion program that's unique — and seeing academic returns 27 March 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Darlyne de Haan
Name: Darlyne de Haan
Bio: Dr. Darlyne de Haan, a former forensic scientist and chemist with more than 20 years of experience in STEM, is a recipient and participant of the coveted Fulbright Administrator Program for Fulbright Leaders for Global Schools, a program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. She is a strong advocate for changing the face of STEM to reflect the population and is fluent in English and advanced in Spanish.
Darlyne de Haan's Posts
- February 1, 2022: Successfully Implement Claims, Evidence, and Reasoning for ELs
- January 4, 2022: STEM and ELT: How to Build Background and Prior Knowledge in STEM
- December 7, 2021: STEM and ELT: 4 Science Strategies
- November 6, 2021: STEM and ELT: 7 Science Reading Strategies
- October 5, 2021: STEM and ELT: 9 Strategies to Help ELs Learn Science (Part 1)
- September 7, 2021: 3 Strategies to Support EL Language Development in the STEM Classroom
- August 23, 2021: STEM in ELT: Culturally Responsive Teaching and The Leaky STEM Pipeline
- July 6, 2021: STEM in ELT: What’s Your School’s Language Program Model?