Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Looking to eliminate dropouts? How Idaho reached English language learners with a 'hybrid' course experiment 26 August 2016
- Multilingual texting platform aims to help schools engage all families 26 August 2016
- Across the border and into school 26 August 2016
- The causes of poor performance in English among Namibian students 26 August 2016
- Study suggests early learning in native language can help English skills 26 August 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Heidi Casper
Name: Heidi Casper
Bio: Heidi Casper has been teaching in the ESL field for about 15 years. She’s had the privilege of teaching all ages of language learners, from kindergarten to seniors in high school. She speaks Spanish, which has been invaluable in building relationships with Spanish-speaking families between home and school. That skill also provided her with the opportunity to spend a short time teaching at a private school in Mexico, as well as to present at an early childhood conference in Costa Rica. What she loves about this field is the opportunity to meet so many fascinating students and families from around the world. She’s certain that she’s learned more from her students over the years than she could have possibly taught them. She is currently working on a master’s degree in ESL and looks forward to sharing her thoughts and experiences with others in the field.
Heidi Casper's Posts