Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Ways to differentiate instruction for ELLs 13 December 2018
- Fight for federal right to education takes a new turn 13 December 2018
- Filipino teachers popular among Chinese English learners 13 December 2018
- Education Department to erase debts of teachers, fix troubled grant program 13 December 2018
- Increase in minority teachers not keeping pace with influx of minority students 13 December 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- June 9, 2017: Are Your ELs Ready to Exit ESL?
- April 20, 2017: Reflecting Students’ Lives in Children’s Literature
- April 7, 2017: Early Childhood Classroom Environments with Big Impact for ELs
- March 13, 2017: Books About Social Justice and Recent U.S. Events
- February 14, 2017: Misconceptions About Immigrants and Refugees in the United States