Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- SWRLing with EL: Speaking, writing, reading and listening 17 August 2017
- Washington schools see bilingual students as future bilingual educators 17 August 2017
- Irish must pass English-speaking test to become Canadian 17 August 2017
- Professional Development Calendar 17 August 2017
- Teaching literacy skills to English language learners 17 August 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and has been providing professional development for teachers of ELs around the United States since 2008. She is the author and coauthor of seven books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “The Essential Guide for Educating Beginning English Learners“ with Debbie Zacarian. She is founder of the website everythingESL.net and was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher." She is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- November 3, 2016: What is a Seal of Biliteracy and How Does it Promote Bilingualism?
- October 20, 2016: Public School Teachers of ELs: A Look at the Legal Requirements
- October 6, 2016: 5 Activities to Improve Reading Fluency in Pre-K–5 ELs
- September 22, 2016: #GoodCallsHome: From Twitter Hashtag to Education Movement
- September 8, 2016: 5 Characteristics of Highly Effective Classroom Teachers of ELs
- August 25, 2016: Teaching Empathy to Children Through Storytelling
- August 11, 2016: Becoming Bilingual in a Pre-K–5 Dual Language Program
- July 28, 2016: Why Pre-K–12 Educators of ELs Should Participate in #ELLCHAT
- July 14, 2016: Pronouncing ELs’ Names Correctly
- June 30, 2016: Engaging Families of Pre-K–3 ELs