Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- How each state distributes money for public schools and at-risk students 12 August 2019
- 6 strategies for building better student relationships 12 August 2019
- Going the extra mile for school choice 12 August 2019
- Poll finds out what Latino voters want in presidential candidate 12 August 2019
- Apply for TESOL Awards! 12 August 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- November 20, 2018: Language Acquisition vs. Language Learning in Elementary School
- October 16, 2018: 4 Ways Teachers Can Support English Learners
- September 19, 2018: 10 Resources for Pre-K–5 Educators of ELs
- November 17, 2017: 5 Ways School Principals Can Support English Learners
- July 10, 2017: Teaching to PreK-5 ELs’ Learning Styles
- June 9, 2017: Are Your ELs Ready to Exit ESL?
- April 20, 2017: Reflecting Students’ Lives in Children’s Literature
- April 7, 2017: Early Childhood Classroom Environments with Big Impact for ELs