Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Rethinking the English learner achievement gap 16 January 2020
- Prenatal exposure to flame retardants linked to reading problems 16 January 2020
- Enhancing linguistic choral responses with multilingual learners 16 January 2020
- Beijing talks its way past Hong Kong in English proficiency, but Shanghai tops China rankings for 6th year in a row 16 January 2020
- Spanish dominates dual language programs, but schools offer diverse options 16 January 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Julie Vorholt
Name: Julie Vorholt
Bio: Julie Vorholt is the editor for New Ways in Teaching Speaking (2nd edition). She has taught ESL and English to learners of all ages and trained language teachers in the USA and internationally for more than 20 years. She has edited and written a variety of pedagogical materials in both print and online formats to support teaching and learning in speaking, listening, and writing. Julie is active in TESOL International Association as a presenter, a past chair of the Materials Writers Interest Section, and a past member of the Awards Committee. She currently teaches ESL in the intensive English program at Lewis & Clark College.
Julie Vorholt's Posts
- April 2, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: Extemporaneous Speaking
- March 5, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: EL Autonomous Learning With Art
- February 5, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: Academic Presentations for ELs
- January 2, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: 4 Benefits of Flipgrid Video Recording
- December 4, 2018: On Teaching Speaking: New Ways in Teaching Speaking, 2nd Edition