Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Adult literacy rate likely to plummet in post-pandemic era 1 July 2022
- TESOL Board Connect: The Different Paths to Leadership 1 July 2022
- Teaching tuesday: Approaches to support English learners 1 July 2022
- Register by 11 July for SWEL Workshop 3! 1 July 2022
- Lived experiences as a resource for scaffolding metapragmatic understandings with young language learners 1 July 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Julie Vorholt
Name: Julie Vorholt
Bio: Julie Vorholt is the editor for New Ways in Teaching Speaking (2nd edition). She has taught ESL and English to learners of all ages and trained language teachers in the USA and internationally for more than 20 years. She has edited and written a variety of pedagogical materials in both print and online formats to support teaching and learning in speaking, listening, and writing. Julie is active in TESOL International Association as a presenter, a past chair of the Materials Writers Interest Section, and a past member of the Awards Committee. She currently teaches ESL in the intensive English program at Lewis & Clark College.
Julie Vorholt's Posts
- April 2, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: Extemporaneous Speaking
- March 5, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: EL Autonomous Learning With Art
- February 5, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: Academic Presentations for ELs
- January 2, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: 4 Benefits of Flipgrid Video Recording
- December 4, 2018: On Teaching Speaking: New Ways in Teaching Speaking, 2nd Edition