Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Cognitive study shows lack of bilingual education adversely affects English language learners' writing skills 18 October 2021
- Joshi: A high-quality education isn't just rigorous, it also affirms students' cultural identities. Here's how 18 October 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 18 October 2021
- Harnessing the synergy between trauma-informed teaching and SEL 18 October 2021
- Looking for new ways to engage and attract students? Try Twitter. 18 October 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Julie Vorholt
Name: Julie Vorholt
Bio: Julie Vorholt is the editor for New Ways in Teaching Speaking (2nd edition). She has taught ESL and English to learners of all ages and trained language teachers in the USA and internationally for more than 20 years. She has edited and written a variety of pedagogical materials in both print and online formats to support teaching and learning in speaking, listening, and writing. Julie is active in TESOL International Association as a presenter, a past chair of the Materials Writers Interest Section, and a past member of the Awards Committee. She currently teaches ESL in the intensive English program at Lewis & Clark College.
Julie Vorholt's Posts
- April 2, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: Extemporaneous Speaking
- March 5, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: EL Autonomous Learning With Art
- February 5, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: Academic Presentations for ELs
- January 2, 2019: On Teaching Speaking: 4 Benefits of Flipgrid Video Recording
- December 4, 2018: On Teaching Speaking: New Ways in Teaching Speaking, 2nd Edition