Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- The Rise of Adjunctification: From Surviving to Thriving 25 September 2023
- How translanguaging addresses English-only exclusion 25 September 2023
- Register by 6 Oct. to Save on TESOL ELevate! 25 September 2023
- Examining the role of the learner and the teacher in language learning motivation 25 September 2023
- Access 'Back to School' Resources and Discounts! 25 September 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Laura Baecher
Name: Laura Baecher
Bio: Dr. Laura Baecher is professor of TESOL at Hunter College, City University of New York. Her research interests and publications relate to teacher education, including educational technology in teacher learning, observation and coaching for English language teaching, and professional development in TESOL. Her recent books are Reflecting on Problems of Practice in TESOL and Video in Teacher Learning: Through their Own Eyes. She has served as TESOL International Association’s Teacher Education Interest Section chair, as an English language specialist for the U.S. Department of State, and as president of the New York State TESOL affiliate.
Laura Baecher's Posts
- February 24, 2023: Mindfulness in PD: Not a Magic Pill, but Certainly a Superpower
- January 25, 2023: New (Critical) Friendships for a New Year of PD
- December 27, 2022: Top 8 PD Topics for English Language Teachers in 2022
- November 23, 2022: 10 Asset-Based Approaches to Professional Development
- October 24, 2022: 3 Ways to Get From “Burned Out” to “On Fire”
- April 29, 2022: 4 Tips for Preparing a Winning Conference Proposal
- February 25, 2022: Strategic Use of the TESOL Convention as PD
- January 28, 2022: Micro Is Mighty: Can Micro-Credentialing Work for You?