Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Biden signs order creating commissions to improve education for Black U.S. students 28 October 2021
- Learning in a new language is exhausting. Remember that. 28 October 2021
- TESOL 2022 Registration is Opening Soon! 28 October 2021
- How immersive learning will revolutionize education 28 October 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 28 October 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Laura Baecher
Name: Laura Baecher
Bio: Dr. Laura Baecher is professor of TESOL at Hunter College, City University of New York. Her research interests and publications relate to teacher education, including educational technology in teacher learning, observation and coaching for English language teaching, and professional development in TESOL. Her recent books are Reflecting on Problems of Practice in TESOL and Video in Teacher Learning: Through their Own Eyes. She has served as TESOL International Association’s Teacher Education Interest Section chair, as an English language specialist for the U.S. Department of State, and as president of the New York State TESOL affiliate.
Laura Baecher's Posts
- October 23, 2021: 10 Dead Ideas in Professional Development
- September 29, 2021: Frolleagues: Why Friendships at Work Matter
- August 31, 2021: Building Your Online Community of Practice With Social Media
- July 23, 2021: 9 Approaches to Rebooting the Educator Résumé
- June 25, 2021: The Personal and the Professional: 4 Steps to a Life Audit
- May 28, 2021: Why Use the Term “Professional Development” and not “Training”?