- Efforts underway to help non-English speakers learn the language 30 September 2014
- Common Core can help English learners in California, new study says 30 September 2014
- Sherman, Texas, ISD sees substantial increase of English language learners 30 September 2014
- Could bilingual education mold kids' brains to better resist distraction? 30 September 2014
- Schools develop 'newcomer' programs, English help for teens crossing US border alone 30 September 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Maria Antonia Irizarry
Name: Maria Antonia Irizarry
Bio: Maria Antonia Irizarry is a professor and coordinator of the Graduate TESL Program at the University of Puerto Rico (UPR). She holds a bachelors degree in TESL from UPR, a master's degree in TESL, a master's in education in the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language, and a doctorate in education in languages and literature from Columbia University, USA. She taught in New York public schools and at Essex County College in New Jersey, and was associate superintendent of schools in Newark, New Jersey. Her commitment to TESOL has been unwavering. She is a past member of the PRTESOL board of directors and served the organization as president in 1988. She is a frequent presenter at regional and national activities and has offered her expertise to the U.S. Virgin Islands, Chile, Dominican Republic, and Panama, among other countries.
Maria Antonia Irizarry's Posts