- Steer clear of 4 common mistakes of international freshmen in the US 3 March 2015
- Dealing with Common Core backlash 3 March 2015
- 9 lessons learned during ELL immersion 3 March 2015
- Will English become the first foreign language in Morocco? 3 March 2015
- The tangled roots of English 3 March 2015
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Maria Antonia Irizarry
Name: Maria Antonia Irizarry
Bio: Maria Antonia Irizarry is a professor and coordinator of the Graduate TESL Program at the University of Puerto Rico (UPR). She holds a bachelors degree in TESL from UPR, a master's degree in TESL, a master's in education in the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language, and a doctorate in education in languages and literature from Columbia University, USA. She taught in New York public schools and at Essex County College in New Jersey, and was associate superintendent of schools in Newark, New Jersey. Her commitment to TESOL has been unwavering. She is a past member of the PRTESOL board of directors and served the organization as president in 1988. She is a frequent presenter at regional and national activities and has offered her expertise to the U.S. Virgin Islands, Chile, Dominican Republic, and Panama, among other countries.
Maria Antonia Irizarry's Posts