Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- SWRLing with EL: Speaking, writing, reading and listening 17 August 2017
- Washington schools see bilingual students as future bilingual educators 17 August 2017
- Irish must pass English-speaking test to become Canadian 17 August 2017
- Professional Development Calendar 17 August 2017
- Teaching literacy skills to English language learners 17 August 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Robert Sheppard
Name: Rob Sheppard
Bio: Over the past 10 years, Rob has explored a variety of roles and contexts in the field. These include the cram-school culture of Taiwan and Korea; IEPs in Boston focused on academic English; advanced conversation and TOEFL prep taught via Skype to students in Japan; and nonprofit, community English programs for immigrants to Greater Boston. He currently serves as sr. director of adult programs at Quincy Asian Resources, a member of the community advisory council at First Literacy, and a curriculum consultant at Boston Global Institute. He has a master’s degree in TESOL from The New School, and his areas of interest include adult ed, pronunciation and grammar instruction, curriculum development, and assessment.
Rob Sheppard's Posts
- October 24, 2016: Corpora in Adult Ed
- October 12, 2016: Against Music in ELT
- September 26, 2016: Three Levels of Complexity in ESOL Placement
- September 12, 2016: ESOL Community Scavenger Hunts
- August 29, 2016: 360° Photos for ELT
- August 15, 2016: ESOL and Healthy Communities
- August 1, 2016: What’s Op-Docs?: A Fantastic Source of Authentic Input
- July 18, 2016: 4 Highlights From a Great Adult Ed Resource
- July 4, 2016: 5 Ways to Incorporate Digital Literacy in ELT: Class, Take Out Your Cell Phones
- June 20, 2016: Are You Teaching Your ELLs These 8 Literacies?