Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Nearly half in top 5 US cities don't speak English at home, record 67 million 20 September 2018
- Betsy DeVos reopens application process for ESSA's innovative assessment pilot 20 September 2018
- Not opposed to English language: Mohan Bhagwat 20 September 2018
- TESOL awards & grants: Now accepting applications 20 September 2018
- Senate passes spending bill to increase funding for several education programs 20 September 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Robert Sheppard
Name: Rob Sheppard
Bio: Over the past 10 years, Rob has explored a variety of roles and contexts in the field. These include the cram-school culture of Taiwan and Korea; IEPs in Boston focused on academic English; advanced conversation and TOEFL prep taught via Skype to students in Japan; and nonprofit, community English programs for immigrants to Greater Boston. He currently serves as sr. director of adult programs at Quincy Asian Resources, a member of the community advisory council at First Literacy, and a curriculum consultant at Boston Global Institute. He has a master’s degree in TESOL from The New School, and his areas of interest include adult ed, pronunciation and grammar instruction, curriculum development, and assessment.
Rob Sheppard's Posts
- October 24, 2016: Corpora in Adult Ed
- October 12, 2016: Against Music in ELT
- September 26, 2016: Three Levels of Complexity in ESOL Placement
- September 12, 2016: ESOL Community Scavenger Hunts
- August 29, 2016: 360° Photos for ELT