Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- STEAM education for English learners 24 June 2019
- Serve as an Elected Leader 24 June 2019
- Teaching in the US should be more 'intellectually attractive,' global expert says 24 June 2019
- Call for volunteers: Diverse voices task force 24 June 2019
- Children who go to preschool are better prepared for kindergarten; But is that enough? 24 June 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Robert Sheppard
Name: Rob Sheppard
Bio: Over the past 10 years, Rob has explored a variety of roles and contexts in the field. These include the cram-school culture of Taiwan and Korea; IEPs in Boston focused on academic English; advanced conversation and TOEFL prep taught via Skype to students in Japan; and nonprofit, community English programs for immigrants to Greater Boston. He currently serves as sr. director of adult programs at Quincy Asian Resources, a member of the community advisory council at First Literacy, and a curriculum consultant at Boston Global Institute. He has a master’s degree in TESOL from The New School, and his areas of interest include adult ed, pronunciation and grammar instruction, curriculum development, and assessment.
Rob Sheppard's Posts
- October 24, 2016: Corpora in Adult Ed
- October 12, 2016: Against Music in ELT
- September 26, 2016: Three Levels of Complexity in ESOL Placement
- September 12, 2016: ESOL Community Scavenger Hunts
- August 29, 2016: 360° Photos for ELT