Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- ESL students outperforming native speakers in England 19 February 2018
- Uber drops appeal against Transport for London's English language driver tests after changes to exam 19 February 2018
- Is there a language gap between native English speakers and migrants? 19 February 2018
- Teacher professional development should get personal 19 February 2018
- Millions in state bilingual funding not actively helping English language learners 19 February 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Sherry Blok
Name: Sherry Blok
Bio: Sherry Blok is the assistant director of programs at the Centre for Continuing Education, Concordia University. Montreal, Canada. She holds a master’s degree in second language education from McGill University and has more than 20 years of experience as an ESL lecturer in the intensive English program at Concordia University. She received the TESOL Teacher of the Year Award in 2015 and has presented nationally and internationally on topics related to English for academic purposes, global citizenship education, assessment, and teacher feedback.
Sherry Blok's Posts
- October 13, 2017: The Betty Azar Travel Grants: Gobinda Puri at TESOL 2017
- May 15, 2017: ELT Best Practices: Highlights from TESOL 2017
- April 15, 2017: ELT Best Practices: Taking the Classroom Global
- February 15, 2017: Empowering Women Living in Difficult Circumstances
- January 11, 2017: Teaching ELT in Challenging Contexts: An Interview with Harry Kuchah Kuchah