Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- St. Paul's English language learners deserve better, critics say 23 March 2017
- New York City's English learners often struggle to graduate, but here's how some schools buck that trend 23 March 2017
- Helping academic English learners develop productive word knowledge 23 March 2017
- How you can improve your English language proficiency 23 March 2017
- Children have so much to gain from exploring language 23 March 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Sherry Blok
Name: Sherry Blok
Bio: Sherry Blok is the Programs and Academic Development Coordinator in the Centre for Continuing Education at Concordia University in Montreal, Canada. She holds a Master’s degree in Second Language Education from McGill University and has over 20 years of experience as an ESL lecturer in the Intensive English Program at Concordia University. She is TESOL’s 2015 recipient of the Teacher of the Year award and has presented nationally and internationally on topics related to EAP, global citizenship education, assessment and teacher feedback.
Sherry Blok's Posts
- May 2, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Intensive English Programs in the USA
- April 1, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Empowerment in Nepal
- March 1, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Young Learners in Ireland
- January 1, 2016: Best Practices in ELT—in Context: Pakistan
- December 1, 2015: Teacher of the Year Speaks at the 2015 SPELT Conference
- November 1, 2015: 3 WebQuests to Engage Your ELLs With Content!
- October 1, 2015: Teacher of the Year: Kickstart a Professional Development Program
- September 2, 2015: Teacher of the Year’s Focus the First Week of School
- August 1, 2015: Old School Social Media With Inkshedding: A Lesson Plan
- July 1, 2015: Taking Learning out of the Classroom in EFL Contexts: Part II