Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Teachers say Maine's standards for English language learners are too tough 19 May 2017
- Decreasing social anxiety for English learners 19 May 2017
- Iowa can do better by students struggling to learn English 19 May 2017
- Researchers, advocates divided over reclassifying English learners 19 May 2017
- California can lead the country in English learner education 19 May 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Sherry Blok
Name: Sherry Blok
Bio: Sherry Blok is the assistant director of programs at the Centre for Continuing Education, Concordia University. Montreal, Canada. She holds a master’s degree in second language education from McGill University and has more than 20 years of experience as an ESL lecturer in the intensive English program at Concordia University. She received the TESOL Teacher of the Year Award in 2015 and has presented nationally and internationally on topics related to English for academic purposes, global citizenship education, assessment, and teacher feedback.
Sherry Blok's Posts
- July 1, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Special Needs Students in the Developing World
- June 8, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Strategies in Teaching Large Classes
- May 2, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Intensive English Programs in the USA
- April 1, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Empowerment in Nepal
- March 1, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Young Learners in Ireland
- January 1, 2016: Best Practices in ELT—in Context: Pakistan
- December 1, 2015: Teacher of the Year Speaks at the 2015 SPELT Conference
- November 1, 2015: 3 WebQuests to Engage Your ELLs With Content!
- October 1, 2015: Teacher of the Year: Kickstart a Professional Development Program
- September 2, 2015: Teacher of the Year’s Focus the First Week of School