Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Betsy DeVos: Nothing Presidents Barack Obama or George W. Bush did in education reform really worked 18 January 2018
- Being bilingual may be a plus for kids with autism 18 January 2018
- Using wordless books with English learners 18 January 2018
- The kids in LAUSD who most need dual language instruction aren't enrolling yet 18 January 2018
- English is no longer a foreign language in Netherlands, but it has a unique character here 18 January 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Sherry Blok
Name: Sherry Blok
Bio: Sherry Blok is the assistant director of programs at the Centre for Continuing Education, Concordia University. Montreal, Canada. She holds a master’s degree in second language education from McGill University and has more than 20 years of experience as an ESL lecturer in the intensive English program at Concordia University. She received the TESOL Teacher of the Year Award in 2015 and has presented nationally and internationally on topics related to English for academic purposes, global citizenship education, assessment, and teacher feedback.
Sherry Blok's Posts
- November 4, 2016: Best Practices in TESOL Leadership: An Interview with Naziha Ali, TESOL Arabia Past President
- October 1, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Getting Your TESOL Conference Proposal Accepted
- September 14, 2016: Get Inspired at TESOL 2017! Apply for a TESOL PD Travel Grant
- September 3, 2016: ELT Best Practices: EAP in Canada
- August 31, 2016: 2 Reasons to Apply for the Professional Development Travel Grant for Practicing ESL/EFL Teachers