Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TESOL Press 23 October 2017
- Children whose parents speak a language other than English less likely to enroll in preschool 23 October 2017
- A troubling side effect of praise 23 October 2017
- How difficult is it for bilingual people to switch from Arabic to English? 23 October 2017
- DeVos rescinds 72 guidance documents outlining rights for students with disabilities 23 October 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Sherry Blok
Name: Sherry Blok
Bio: Sherry Blok is the assistant director of programs at the Centre for Continuing Education, Concordia University. Montreal, Canada. She holds a master’s degree in second language education from McGill University and has more than 20 years of experience as an ESL lecturer in the intensive English program at Concordia University. She received the TESOL Teacher of the Year Award in 2015 and has presented nationally and internationally on topics related to English for academic purposes, global citizenship education, assessment, and teacher feedback.
Sherry Blok's Posts
- November 4, 2016: Best Practices in TESOL Leadership: An Interview with Naziha Ali, TESOL Arabia Past President
- October 1, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Getting Your TESOL Conference Proposal Accepted
- September 14, 2016: Get Inspired at TESOL 2017! Apply for a TESOL PD Travel Grant
- September 3, 2016: ELT Best Practices: EAP in Canada
- August 31, 2016: 2 Reasons to Apply for the Professional Development Travel Grant for Practicing ESL/EFL Teachers