Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- The 5 most common native languages of English learners 16 October 2018
- Teachers go online more in era of Common Core 16 October 2018
- Sharing immigrant experiences in the classroom 16 October 2018
- Kansas City's refugee students have only 1 year to learn how to go to school in America 16 October 2018
- Registration is open! 16 October 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Sherry Blok
Name: Sherry Blok
Bio: Sherry Blok is the assistant director of programs at the Centre for Continuing Education, Concordia University. Montreal, Canada. She holds a master’s degree in second language education from McGill University and has more than 20 years of experience as an ESL lecturer in the intensive English program at Concordia University. She received the TESOL Teacher of the Year Award in 2015 and has presented nationally and internationally on topics related to English for academic purposes, global citizenship education, assessment, and teacher feedback.
Sherry Blok's Posts
- November 4, 2016: Best Practices in TESOL Leadership: An Interview with Naziha Ali, TESOL Arabia Past President
- October 1, 2016: ELT Best Practices: Getting Your TESOL Conference Proposal Accepted
- September 14, 2016: Get Inspired at TESOL 2017! Apply for a TESOL PD Travel Grant
- September 3, 2016: ELT Best Practices: EAP in Canada
- August 31, 2016: 2 Reasons to Apply for the Professional Development Travel Grant for Practicing ESL/EFL Teachers