Well, it’s Mardi Gras time in New Orleans! As always, the Big Easy is suspended between the worlds of the present and the past. School bands are blowin’ and drummin’ and the dancers are twirlin’. Floats are passing and beads are flying! Kids are wide-eyed with doubloon-filled pockets. I only wish that TESOL conference participants were here now reveling in carnival’s irony and abundance. But it’s not long before everyone will have a chance to explore the city thanks to the TESOL conference hospitality committee. Be sure you take advantage of every second you are here! Can’t wait to see ya, dahlin’!
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Migrants told to learn English upon entering UK face three-year wait for lessons 16 January 2017
- Worcester schools near full compliance on supporting English language learners 16 January 2017
- Bilingualism may save brain resources as you age 16 January 2017
- New exam for grade 12 pupils in UAE, says Minister of Education 16 January 2017
- Cameroon city shuts down over language issue 16 January 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.