Well, it’s Mardi Gras time in New Orleans! As always, the Big Easy is suspended between the worlds of the present and the past. School bands are blowin’ and drummin’ and the dancers are twirlin’. Floats are passing and beads are flying! Kids are wide-eyed with doubloon-filled pockets. I only wish that TESOL conference participants were here now reveling in carnival’s irony and abundance. But it’s not long before everyone will have a chance to explore the city thanks to the TESOL conference hospitality committee. Be sure you take advantage of every second you are here! Can’t wait to see ya, dahlin’!
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- This is why you should get serious about learning English — Like the French do 19 March 2018
- Immigrants students are 'being rocked in really profound ways' 19 March 2018
- School safety bill passes US House, no action on gun control 19 March 2018
- Teachers don't add up 19 March 2018
- Integration plans criticized over English language teaching cuts 19 March 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.