Well, it’s Mardi Gras time in New Orleans! As always, the Big Easy is suspended between the worlds of the present and the past. School bands are blowin’ and drummin’ and the dancers are twirlin’. Floats are passing and beads are flying! Kids are wide-eyed with doubloon-filled pockets. I only wish that TESOL conference participants were here now reveling in carnival’s irony and abundance. But it’s not long before everyone will have a chance to explore the city thanks to the TESOL conference hospitality committee. Be sure you take advantage of every second you are here! Can’t wait to see ya, dahlin’!
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Why more international students are choosing Canada as an English language hub 27 September 2016
- Mispronouncing student's name now considered a 'microaggression' 27 September 2016
- ESSA and English language learners 27 September 2016
- Congress to hear arguments on Obama administration's proposed education spending rule 27 September 2016
- UAE leads in international English language schools 27 September 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.