In an earlier blog I suggested that our strengths and skills in the professional sphere are interconnected with our personal growth and development, and that admonitions to separate the personal from the professional may not be realistic or helpful. In making the case for the interconnectedness of our personal skills and achievements with our professional ones, I focused on our growth as individuals. In this blog I want to further explore the strong connection between personal and professional development not through an individual perspective, but through the lens of friendship. In our increasingly displaced workspaces, colleagues who are friends are more important than ever in our professional and personal development. Continue reading
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Biden signs order creating commissions to improve education for Black U.S. students 28 October 2021
- Learning in a new language is exhausting. Remember that. 28 October 2021
- TESOL 2022 Registration is Opening Soon! 28 October 2021
- How immersive learning will revolutionize education 28 October 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 28 October 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.