In a recent conversation, a colleague asked me a number of questions about supporting schools with various program models in place for their English learner (EL) population. In an effort to provide appropriate language support, we often ask simple questions that have complex answers. Sometimes, we don’t know what we don’t know. Last month’s blog focused on student identification procedures and appropriate placement and service models for eligible students. This month’s blog dives into the guidance for that placement and those service models. Continue reading
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Sharing selfie improvement 11 October 2019
- Unexpected jump in English language learners prompts IPS to hire more teachers 11 October 2019
- Helping refugee students feel safe 11 October 2019
- Reading the right way 11 October 2019
- Educators want more safety training 11 October 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.