In 2014, I was able to attend the TESOL Convention for the first time in Portland, Oregon. I had been to quite a few national and local conferences and conventions, but being part of an international convention truly exceeded my expectations. Of course, in hindsight, I feel that I could’ve gotten more out of it if I had been better prepared. With the hope of helping you have the best possible first-time experience, here are my top three tips for first-time convention attendees. Continue reading
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Teaching English language learners: A complex endeavor 15 March 2018
- Native English speakers in demand as Japanese teachers hone their language skills for new curricula 15 March 2018
- Host families regain favor with English language students 15 March 2018
- One for all and all for one 15 March 2018
- UK should set date for everyone to speak English, says Casey 15 March 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.