So, you’re attending the 2018 TESOL Convention in Chicago. Congratulations! You’ll be visiting the finest city on earth. That is a completely unbiased, verifiable fact, straight from someone who only spent a measly two decades growing up and living in Chicagoland. Alright, so I might be slightly biased, but I do still think of Chicago as “home” and have had the pleasure of enjoying most of the city’s sights, sounds—and deep-dish pizza. Being one of two resident Chicago experts here at TESOL, I wanted to share some of what I think are the best places to see and things to do in Chicago (when you aren’t listening to me speak at the convention, obviously). So without further delay, I’m sharing my top 5 with you. I wanted to list 10, but our cranky blog editor thought that would be too much. The joke’s on him, though, since I may have squeezed in a 6th after he edited this—you’ll just have to read on to find out . . . Continue reading
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Revive English for maths and science 21 May 2018
- Forget Memorization: Here's why language class should focus on excitement instead 21 May 2018
- The financial stress of teaching in regions of fast economic growth 21 May 2018
- Why is China suddenly seeking Filipino English teachers? 21 May 2018
- Universities and colleges 'should put limit on English classes' 21 May 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.