I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Common Core coming to DoD schools 27 August 2015
- Report: More than half of students struggle with reading 27 August 2015
- ELL writing skills: the influence of L1 culture 27 August 2015
- US community colleges increase international enrollment 27 August 2015
- 4 states receive renewal of NCLB waiver 27 August 2015