I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TIRF 2018 Doctoral Dissertation Grants 15 February 2018
- Report: Latino teachers face stereotypes, are asked to 'prove their worth' 15 February 2018
- Cambodia's English skills soaring upwards 15 February 2018
- Does Trump's education budget even matter? 15 February 2018
- Trump seeks to cut education budget by 5 percent, expand school choice push 15 February 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.