I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Using a second language to land the job 2 July 2015
- Language schools abroad attract many more Turkish students despite high fees 2 July 2015
- Education organizations to Congress: Keep vouchers out of ESEA rewrite 2 July 2015
- Professional Development Calendar 2 July 2015
- Minister expects more English language school closures 2 July 2015