I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Students with learning disabilities can learn new languages 21 September 2017
- 4 ways schools can combat Trump's ed budget cuts 21 September 2017
- Espoo plans English language education "from kindergarten to doctorate" in two years 21 September 2017
- Call for award reviewers 21 September 2017
- When language and technology intertwine, evolution happens 21 September 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.