I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
- Schools able to move children out of ELL classes 21 July 2014
- English issues mistaken for learning disabilities in Boston schools 21 July 2014
- The problem isn't teacher recruiting; it's retention 21 July 2014
- Teachers will give up tenure — for the right price 21 July 2014
- Poll shows more students in summer programs 21 July 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.