I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Call for Award Reviewers 20 July 2017
- How exposure to a foreign language ignites infants' learning 20 July 2017
- Co-planning for effective English language development 20 July 2017
- LAUSD nearly doubles its reclassification rate for English learners meeting King's goal, preliminary data show 20 July 2017
- Study: Bilingual kids can pick up third language 'more easily' 20 July 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.