I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- The 7 big language learning issues facing the U.K. 16 April 2015
- Bilingual people take greater risks when feedback is given in their native language 16 April 2015
- Thousands more Calgary English language learning students, and the funding is dropping 16 April 2015
- Why it's so hard to learn English in Boston 16 April 2015
- Simple exercises to improve ELL reading skills — Part 3 16 April 2015
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.