I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Protecting students of all religious backgrounds from unlawful discrimination 25 July 2016
- English language courses for Malacca state officers 25 July 2016
- Feds investigate Memphis school district over migrant bias 25 July 2016
- Summer school serves English language learner students for Carson City School District students 25 July 2016
- Ex-JET teachers eyed to help improve English language tourist information 25 July 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.