I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
- How my students learned English by making movie shorts 24 July 2014
- Vietnam province says it will not discipline substandard English teachers 24 July 2014
- Teaching English language learners in preschool 24 July 2014
- Unpacking the science: How playing music changes the learning brain 24 July 2014
- Language delay likely due more to nature than nurture 24 July 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.