I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Renmark, Australia, bakery visa worker held back by English language test 6 October 2015
- English is a language of opportunity 6 October 2015
- Colorado looking to learn from Cherry Creek's model for English learners 6 October 2015
- Would you pass the English test for an Australian visa? 6 October 2015
- A missed opportunity for fairer and affordable English language schooling 6 October 2015
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.