I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Education Department pledges to prioritize needs of language learners 26 March 2015
- New study to examine Aussie English 26 March 2015
- New report offers state leaders, Feds advice to improve ELL education 26 March 2015
- International students stream into US colleges 26 March 2015
- Simple exercises to improve ELL reading skills — Part 2 26 March 2015
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.