I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
- How visual thinking improves writing 6 December 2013
- US achievement stalls as other nations make gains 6 December 2013
- Uses for GIS mapping technology in fields of ESL 6 December 2013
- Dual-language learners make key gains in head start and public pre-K 6 December 2013
- Professional Development Calendar 6 December 2013
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.