I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Proposal to move elementary students based on language upsets parents 13 January 2017
- Should English as lingua franca influence language teaching? 13 January 2017
- Uber gives drivers free language training in battle with Transport for London 13 January 2017
- Confirmation hearing for Betsy DeVos, Trump's education pick, delayed a week 13 January 2017
- Federal data: Homeless students on rise 13 January 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.