I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TESOL Press 20 November 2017
- Study: Better tests don't lead to better teaching 20 November 2017
- States' ESSA plans fall short on educator equity, NCTQ analysis finds 20 November 2017
- When it comes to teaching English, Beacon Hill says one size doesn't fit all 20 November 2017
- Do they speak English in the Philippines? The key question that could scupper plans to import workers into China 20 November 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.