I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Californians, having curbed bilingual education, may now expand it 20 October 2016
- Math is about numbers, so it's easier for English learners, right? 20 October 2016
- Experts: Malaysians need the dual language program to enhance English proficiency in schools 20 October 2016
- Study: Charter schools boost English language learner rolls 20 October 2016
- London Uber drivers must pass English language test 20 October 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.