I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
- Toddlers 'surprisingly sophisticated' at understanding unfamiliar accents 18 April 2014
- Digital storytelling for cognitive processing in ELLs 18 April 2014
- New York kicks off a new ELLs conversation 18 April 2014
- English language in the service of Morocco 18 April 2014
- ELL students neglected in school turnaround efforts 18 April 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.