I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- English language teaching, a success story 23 August 2016
- Refugees sue Pennsylvania district, charge school not good enough 23 August 2016
- Is starting school easier for children who learn a language before English? 23 August 2016
- Standards for Short-Term TEFL/TESL Certificate Programs 23 August 2016
- English school threatens 'future of Norwegian language' 23 August 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.