I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Should teacher pay be increased? 12 February 2016
- Engaging culturally and linguistically diverse parents and families 12 February 2016
- Refugees in Scotland receiving English language training 12 February 2016
- Educate to make America great 12 February 2016
- The best age to learn a second language 12 February 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.