I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Setting summer goals: Linking school years together 22 May 2015
- Ohio district extends language software to all students, parents 22 May 2015
- Going beyond testing to prepare students for college and careers 22 May 2015
- TESOL responds to Every Child Achieves Act 22 May 2015
- Welcoming Week webinar: Adult educators collaborate to build bridges and empower learners in classrooms and communities 22 May 2015