I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Indiana charter schools not eligible for funding boost to help English learners 30 July 2015
- Music class may help students' language skills, study finds 30 July 2015
- Introducing grammar exercises for English language learners 30 July 2015
- Language skills crucial for global CEOs 30 July 2015
- Malaysia risks lagging behind unless STEM taught in English, says group 30 July 2015