I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
- Huckabee urges states to back Common Core 12 June 2013
- New English language test for UAE companies 12 June 2013
- Using sentence frames, sentence starters and signal words to improve language 12 June 2013
- Latest immigration reform news: Rubio toughens bill's English language requirement 12 June 2013
- Lawmakers at odds over NCLB's successor 12 June 2013