I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Cognitive study shows lack of bilingual education adversely affects English language learners' writing skills 18 October 2021
- Joshi: A high-quality education isn't just rigorous, it also affirms students' cultural identities. Here's how 18 October 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 18 October 2021
- Harnessing the synergy between trauma-informed teaching and SEL 18 October 2021
- Looking for new ways to engage and attract students? Try Twitter. 18 October 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.