I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
- GCSE English: Low grades shock for Wales in January exams 7 March 2014
- Academic conversation develops deep comprehension: Specific procedures and assessment 7 March 2014
- Are our kids failing in maths because they can't read? 7 March 2014
- Professional Development Calendar 7 March 2014
- Pupils with English as a second language 'outperform native speakers' 7 March 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.