I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Educator pipeline at risk 22 September 2016
- Increasing our focus on general academic vocabulary 22 September 2016
- Language training for a globalized workforce 22 September 2016
- Vietnam to teach Chinese language in primary school from 2017 22 September 2016
- Common Core isn't going anywhere 22 September 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.