I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Virtual IEP meetings: A 6-step guide for parents and teachers 4 June 2020
- 7 steps for sending kids back to school 4 June 2020
- Study in Canada: English test options for fall 2020 4 June 2020
- Jumpstart Your Career with the TESOL Core Certificate Program™ 4 June 2020
- Survey: With schools shuttered, learning lags and students left behind 4 June 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.