I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- US students satisfied with life, but some foreigners happier 24 April 2017
- Fewer learning English amid Trump deportation fears 24 April 2017
- Teaching ELLs to write academic essays 24 April 2017
- Study: Want a better job and salary? Master the English language 24 April 2017
- English Language Travel Industry Report 2016 24 April 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.