I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Invest in programs that boost children's learning and development 11 October 2021
- Creating a culture of learning 11 October 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 11 October 2021
- The emergence of relationship gaps during COVID and how to close them for stronger school communities 11 October 2021
- Preparing teachers to work with English learners: A multimodal vocabulary mini-lesson project 11 October 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.