I noticed several sessions that addressed teaching the news, and I wish I could have attended them all. Honestly, the linguistic complexities of some news stories have discouraged me in spending much time on current events with my heterogenous group of newcomers–especially given the other academic pulls. However, the Japan catastrophe is just too big not to research and study. We will put the puzzle together–picture by picture, word by word.
Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Curing initiative fatigue 13 September 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 13 September 2021
- Using podcasts in world language classes 13 September 2021
- 9 Ways New ELT Teachers Can Succeed 13 September 2021
- How to help anxious students re-adjust to social settings 13 September 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.