Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Students with learning disabilities can learn new languages 21 September 2017
- 4 ways schools can combat Trump's ed budget cuts 21 September 2017
- Espoo plans English language education "from kindergarten to doctorate" in two years 21 September 2017
- Call for award reviewers 21 September 2017
- When language and technology intertwine, evolution happens 21 September 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: bullying
As both children and speakers of other languages, school-age English learners are particularly vulnerable to bullying. This blog helps teachers and teacher educators recognize signs and causes of bullying and presents some steps they can take to prevent it.
English language learners (ELLs) are often the targets of bullying. Accented language and cultural customs that are perceived as different frequently cause ELLs to be victimized by bullies. Bullying is evident in the classroom as early as preschool, and there are … Continue reading →