Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TIRF 2018 Doctoral Dissertation Grants 15 February 2018
- Report: Latino teachers face stereotypes, are asked to 'prove their worth' 15 February 2018
- Cambodia's English skills soaring upwards 15 February 2018
- Does Trump's education budget even matter? 15 February 2018
- Trump seeks to cut education budget by 5 percent, expand school choice push 15 February 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: bullying
As both children and speakers of other languages, school-age English learners are particularly vulnerable to bullying. This blog helps teachers and teacher educators recognize signs and causes of bullying and presents some steps they can take to prevent it.
English language learners (ELLs) are often the targets of bullying. Accented language and cultural customs that are perceived as different frequently cause ELLs to be victimized by bullies. Bullying is evident in the classroom as early as preschool, and there are … Continue reading →