Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- DeVos' team hears criticisms of Obama-era guidance on student discipline 21 November 2017
- English language: It can be taught, it can be learnt 21 November 2017
- What are you thankful for as an educator? 21 November 2017
- Bilingual education bill would overturn Massachusetts ballot question requiring English immersion classes for non-native speakers 21 November 2017
- Why written languages look alike the world over 21 November 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: bullying
As both children and speakers of other languages, school-age English learners are particularly vulnerable to bullying. This blog helps teachers and teacher educators recognize signs and causes of bullying and presents some steps they can take to prevent it.
English language learners (ELLs) are often the targets of bullying. Accented language and cultural customs that are perceived as different frequently cause ELLs to be victimized by bullies. Bullying is evident in the classroom as early as preschool, and there are … Continue reading →