Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- US students satisfied with life, but some foreigners happier 24 April 2017
- Fewer learning English amid Trump deportation fears 24 April 2017
- Teaching ELLs to write academic essays 24 April 2017
- Study: Want a better job and salary? Master the English language 24 April 2017
- English Language Travel Industry Report 2016 24 April 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: bullying
As both children and speakers of other languages, school-age English learners are particularly vulnerable to bullying. This blog helps teachers and teacher educators recognize signs and causes of bullying and presents some steps they can take to prevent it.
English language learners (ELLs) are often the targets of bullying. Accented language and cultural customs that are perceived as different frequently cause ELLs to be victimized by bullies. Bullying is evident in the classroom as early as preschool, and there are … Continue reading →