Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- St. Paul's English language learners deserve better, critics say 23 March 2017
- New York City's English learners often struggle to graduate, but here's how some schools buck that trend 23 March 2017
- Helping academic English learners develop productive word knowledge 23 March 2017
- How you can improve your English language proficiency 23 March 2017
- Children have so much to gain from exploring language 23 March 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: bullying
As both children and speakers of other languages, school-age English learners are particularly vulnerable to bullying. This blog helps teachers and teacher educators recognize signs and causes of bullying and presents some steps they can take to prevent it.
English language learners (ELLs) are often the targets of bullying. Accented language and cultural customs that are perceived as different frequently cause ELLs to be victimized by bullies. Bullying is evident in the classroom as early as preschool, and there are … Continue reading →