Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Here's what schools need to know about ESSA right now 20 February 2017
- Why multilingualism is good for economic growth 20 February 2017
- Lower Indian applications dampen New Zealand's visa approval rates 20 February 2017
- As immigration battles heat up across the US, California district faces its own refugee crisis 20 February 2017
- Scholarships help undocumented students pursue college dreams 20 February 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: bullying
As both children and speakers of other languages, school-age English learners are particularly vulnerable to bullying. This blog helps teachers and teacher educators recognize signs and causes of bullying and presents some steps they can take to prevent it.
English language learners (ELLs) are often the targets of bullying. Accented language and cultural customs that are perceived as different frequently cause ELLs to be victimized by bullies. Bullying is evident in the classroom as early as preschool, and there are … Continue reading →