Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- For Rhode Island students fluent in a second language, recognition on their high school diploma 28 June 2016
- Supreme Court deadlock on immigration could affect student well-being 28 June 2016
- Improve your English by using movements 28 June 2016
- Instagram connects global audience through new translation feature 28 June 2016
- New English language programs to prepare Japanese students for US universities 28 June 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: business communication
Hello, ESPers worldwide! Ismaeil Fazel is an EAP professional and instructor (UBC-Ritsumeikan Program) at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. He has also earned, as part of his doctoral program, a subspecialization in measurement, evaluation, and research methodology … Continue reading
Hello, ESPers worldwide! In this TESOL Blog post, you’ll read the ESP project leader profile of Dr. Margaret van Naerssen. In the TESOL ESP Interest Section, Margaret has been committed to keeping TESOL ESPIS colleagues aware of and focused on … Continue reading
Hello, ESPers worldwide! When you think about the hotel industry, which ESPers come to mind? I immediately think about Ronna Timpa, and in this TESOL Blog post, I am excited to present her ESP project leader profile! When I think … Continue reading
Hello, ESPers worldwide! How do you get your students to visualize certain business situations when you are in the classroom? For such visualization, I have found Disney’s “Behind the Mic” video of the song “Let It Go” from the movie Frozen … Continue reading
Global Resources in ESP: The Impact of Professional Communication Research on Organizational Communication
Hello, ESPers worldwide! I would like to share with you an outstanding book chapter that addresses issues in organizational communication from the point of view of the professional communication researcher (in contrast to the view of the trainer).
Hello ESPers worldwide! I am sure that many of you have heard the famous quote that goes something like, “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him … Continue reading