Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Teaching and welcoming English learners: New guide offers advice 23 May 2017
- English learners: Struggling CT schools ignore a proven path 23 May 2017
- Flooded Maniwaki English language students take refuge at French school 23 May 2017
- Supporting English language learners: A turn-and-talk strategy 23 May 2017
- Trump's first full education budget: Deep cuts to public school programs in pursuit of school choice 23 May 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: ESL speaking
Today I’ll share four games that you can implement in your classes to practice verb tenses and make your lesson more fun.
On Friday and Saturday, I attended many wonderful presentations with a focus on speaking. Here are three of them that I found most useful, and what I learned; I hope it can help you in your teaching: Replacing “Long” and … Continue reading
Some days, I wish I could switch places with my students, and spend the day soaking in knowledge about language. (Then again, I’m sure some of my IEP students would love to skip ahead in their careers and become instructors!) … Continue reading
After so many months of tech-related posts, it is time for another tech-break! This one is called slash reading, and I am always happy to explain it to people. It even made it into one of the articles I did … Continue reading
In several blog posts in 2013, I explored the ways I have worked with my students to encourage them to speak, read, and listen to more English outside of class and documented their success in doing so. But what if … Continue reading