Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- University decision on English proficiency test was hasty, PN says 24 February 2017
- School spending ticks up; charters still spend significantly less 24 February 2017
- The reward of trying new things 24 February 2017
- Jobs 24 February 2017
- International students' concept of 'home' shapes post-graduation plans 24 February 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: ESL speaking
Today I’ll share four games that you can implement in your classes to practice verb tenses and make your lesson more fun.
On Friday and Saturday, I attended many wonderful presentations with a focus on speaking. Here are three of them that I found most useful, and what I learned; I hope it can help you in your teaching: Replacing “Long” and … Continue reading
Some days, I wish I could switch places with my students, and spend the day soaking in knowledge about language. (Then again, I’m sure some of my IEP students would love to skip ahead in their careers and become instructors!) … Continue reading
After so many months of tech-related posts, it is time for another tech-break! This one is called slash reading, and I am always happy to explain it to people. It even made it into one of the articles I did … Continue reading
In several blog posts in 2013, I explored the ways I have worked with my students to encourage them to speak, read, and listen to more English outside of class and documented their success in doing so. But what if … Continue reading