Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Study: ELLs who master English early more likely to graduate on time 5 December 2016
- 'Makerspaces' for science instruction also proving helpful for English learners 5 December 2016
- Refugee and immigrant students encouraged to maintain native languages 5 December 2016
- Over 10,000 people back petition against English language tests for London private hire drivers 5 December 2016
- Denver schools with large numbers of English learners get less physical education 5 December 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: grammar games
Today I’ll share four games that you can implement in your classes to practice verb tenses and make your lesson more fun.
The Game: ESL – Tic Tac Toe is a quick, fun way to review any number of grammar forms or vocabulary words. It builds on higher level thinking skills and provides language practice in various skills—primarily listening, speaking, and reading.
The Game: This classroom game gets your students actively focusing on identifying parts of speech while competing in a fun, interactive environment. Research Says: Parts of Speech Lingo fits many of the advantages of using games in the ESL classroom: It is … Continue reading
The Game: What Am I? – Parts of Speech is a board game that helps ESL students of all levels with identifying parts of speech and how words are correctly put together into sentences. The game also teaches vocabulary, grammar, … Continue reading
Back by popular demand is a tech-break! Chris Redmond commented on Tech-Break: Running Dictations that he was looking for more communicative activities that would work in monolingual classrooms, and I’ve got another good one for all of you. It’s called … Continue reading
My recent blog post, “Unearthing the Secrets of Successful Adult ELLs (Part 2),” explored some of the secrets of successful language learners. Two things are clear: (1) successful language learners don’t depend exclusively on their classroom teacher to master English … Continue reading