Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Many state ESSA plans are 'uncreative, unambitious,' analysis finds 13 December 2017
- Learn prefixes, suffixes to expand your vocabulary 13 December 2017
- English teachers training to develop interest of government schools students in English language 13 December 2017
- Making digital communications accessible 13 December 2017
- Music and native language interact in the brain 13 December 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: grammar games
Today I’ll share four games that you can implement in your classes to practice verb tenses and make your lesson more fun.
The Game: ESL – Tic Tac Toe is a quick, fun way to review any number of grammar forms or vocabulary words. It builds on higher level thinking skills and provides language practice in various skills—primarily listening, speaking, and reading.
The Game: This classroom game gets your students actively focusing on identifying parts of speech while competing in a fun, interactive environment. Research Says: Parts of Speech Lingo fits many of the advantages of using games in the ESL classroom: It is … Continue reading
The Game: What Am I? – Parts of Speech is a board game that helps ESL students of all levels with identifying parts of speech and how words are correctly put together into sentences. The game also teaches vocabulary, grammar, … Continue reading