Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TESOL Press 17 October 2017
- How to embed foundational English skills in meaningful work 17 October 2017
- Guam English has numerous distinctions from mainland English, researcher says 17 October 2017
- Program helps students new to US adjust to English 17 October 2017
- 5 strategies for increasing engagement with ELL families 17 October 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: grammar games
Today I’ll share four games that you can implement in your classes to practice verb tenses and make your lesson more fun.
The Game: ESL – Tic Tac Toe is a quick, fun way to review any number of grammar forms or vocabulary words. It builds on higher level thinking skills and provides language practice in various skills—primarily listening, speaking, and reading.
The Game: This classroom game gets your students actively focusing on identifying parts of speech while competing in a fun, interactive environment. Research Says: Parts of Speech Lingo fits many of the advantages of using games in the ESL classroom: It is … Continue reading
The Game: What Am I? – Parts of Speech is a board game that helps ESL students of all levels with identifying parts of speech and how words are correctly put together into sentences. The game also teaches vocabulary, grammar, … Continue reading