Subscribe to TESOL Blog
TESOL English Language Bulletin
- When literacy ate language: An analysis of a research-based literacy intervention for designated English Learners 6 June 2023
- Apply to Participate in the TESOL Election Review Task Force! 6 June 2023
- Using ChatGPT-4 to facilitate multilingual interactions 6 June 2023
- Are You interested in Serving on the TESOL Board or Nominating Committee? 6 June 2023
- If the teacher does all the talking, who's doing the learning? 6 June 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: native language
Should ELs Be Allowed to Speak Their L1 in School?
In 2016, 20% of people living in the United States considered themselves bilingual, compared to 10% in 1980 according to the annual American Community Survey. Grosjean states in a 2018 article in Psychology Today that one of the reasons there is … Continue reading
Posted in TESOL Blog Tagged as bilingualism, elementary education, Judie Haynes, native language, primary ESL, translanguaging 3 Comments