Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Assessing and Placing the Preliterate ESL Learner 6 February 2023
- Through My Lens: ESL classes should include lessons in sarcasm 6 February 2023
- Dudley Reynolds Receives 2023 James E. Alatis Award for Service to TESOL 6 February 2023
- 5 practical ways to support English learners in the classroom 6 February 2023
- AEIS Webinar: Pronouns: Normalizing the Teaching of "They/Them/Their" Singular 6 February 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: portfolios
Portfolios for assessing students’ writing have been around a long time, but I believe it’s worth another visit, particularly given the tools we now have available online for collecting and sharing our work. What Is a Portfolio? A portfolio is … Continue reading
I realize that since the bulk of my current teaching is done at the university level, I need to make an effort to explore what is available for teachers and students in other contexts. Having said that, I think Seesaw, … Continue reading
Why Self-Assessment? I’ll be honest: It took me a while to come around to the notion of self-assessment. All I could picture was my sneeringly too-cool high-school self giving my apathetically underachieving high school self A+ after unearned A+.