Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- More Florida students are English learners: Here's how teachers and schools can adapt to meet their needs 14 November 2019
- Why cultural understanding is essential: Part 3 14 November 2019
- Screen-based media associated with structural differences in brains of young children 14 November 2019
- The GCSE language loophole: Hundreds of British pupils took English exam meant for foreign students 14 November 2019
- Support builds for making the SAT untimed for everyone 14 November 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: portfolios
Portfolios for assessing students’ writing have been around a long time, but I believe it’s worth another visit, particularly given the tools we now have available online for collecting and sharing our work. What Is a Portfolio? A portfolio is … Continue reading
I realize that since the bulk of my current teaching is done at the university level, I need to make an effort to explore what is available for teachers and students in other contexts. Having said that, I think Seesaw, … Continue reading
Why Self-Assessment? I’ll be honest: It took me a while to come around to the notion of self-assessment. All I could picture was my sneeringly too-cool high-school self giving my apathetically underachieving high school self A+ after unearned A+.