Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Helping English learners succeed should be a top priority for schools amid the pandemic 9 July 2020
- Poll: Their kids learned less, but parents satisfied with remote education 9 July 2020
- International students may need to leave US if their universities transition to online-only learning 9 July 2020
- Take Advantage of Upcoming Online Course in Supporting English Learners With Exceptional Needs 9 July 2020
- 4 tips for effective virtual professional development 9 July 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: portfolios
Portfolios for assessing students’ writing have been around a long time, but I believe it’s worth another visit, particularly given the tools we now have available online for collecting and sharing our work. What Is a Portfolio? A portfolio is … Continue reading
I realize that since the bulk of my current teaching is done at the university level, I need to make an effort to explore what is available for teachers and students in other contexts. Having said that, I think Seesaw, … Continue reading
Why Self-Assessment? I’ll be honest: It took me a while to come around to the notion of self-assessment. All I could picture was my sneeringly too-cool high-school self giving my apathetically underachieving high school self A+ after unearned A+.