Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- DeVos' team hears criticisms of Obama-era guidance on student discipline 21 November 2017
- English language: It can be taught, it can be learnt 21 November 2017
- What are you thankful for as an educator? 21 November 2017
- Bilingual education bill would overturn Massachusetts ballot question requiring English immersion classes for non-native speakers 21 November 2017
- Why written languages look alike the world over 21 November 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: presentations
Hello, ESPers worldwide! As we move forward with the ESP project leader profiles, I have become increasingly interested in how ESP project leaders get the “buy in” (i.e., support) of stakeholders for ESP projects. In this connection, I have found … Continue reading
Despite drastic changes over the years, many educators still use presentation software, such as PowerPoint, for a variety of reasons. Such presentations in class reinforce content delivered orally, serve as supplemental material, and scaffold learning. Turning these types of presentations … Continue reading
In an earlier blog post, I challenged my students to turn an online quiz about technology into a series of questions they could pose to their classmates to gauge the extent of their obsession with their smartphones and other electronic … Continue reading
Coming to the TESOL conference? Whether it’s your first time or your fortieth, there are always new things to learn. Here are some tips on having the best experience you can.