Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- For young newcomers, school offers a stepping stone to life in America 24 November 2015
- English a failing subject for Malaysia despite national push 24 November 2015
- Cubans say 'Nyet' to Russian, hoping to learn English 24 November 2015
- Half the children getting English language support in New Zealand schools are Kiwi-born 24 November 2015
- Company works to bridge the language skills gap 24 November 2015
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: presentations
Hello, ESPers worldwide! As we move forward with the ESP project leader profiles, I have become increasingly interested in how ESP project leaders get the “buy in” (i.e., support) of stakeholders for ESP projects. In this connection, I have found … Continue reading
Despite drastic changes over the years, many educators still use presentation software, such as PowerPoint, for a variety of reasons. Such presentations in class reinforce content delivered orally, serve as supplemental material, and scaffold learning. Turning these types of presentations … Continue reading
In an earlier blog post, I challenged my students to turn an online quiz about technology into a series of questions they could pose to their classmates to gauge the extent of their obsession with their smartphones and other electronic … Continue reading
Coming to the TESOL conference? Whether it’s your first time or your fortieth, there are always new things to learn. Here are some tips on having the best experience you can.