Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Digital DIY 18 October 2018
- Programs for English language learners carry extra meaning at one school 18 October 2018
- Social communication from a speech-language perspective 18 October 2018
- What the Trump administration's latest attack on immigrants means for kids 18 October 2018
- Bilingual education prepares children for a multicultural world 18 October 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: professional conferences
Let me begin with an anecdote. My teaching career started when I was 18 but without any experience. During my initial days as a teacher, I had no idea what all those teaching methods—CLT, learner-centered, task-based—meant, and, thus, chiefly employed … Continue reading
The TESOL Annual Convention & English Language Expo is an incredible event, for teachers looking to find their ground and develop as professionals as well as for seasoned experts striving to share their knowledge and experience with others.
In 2014, I was able to attend the TESOL Convention for the first time in Portland, Oregon. I had been to quite a few national and local conferences and conventions, but being part of an international convention truly exceeded my … Continue reading
As I look forward to attending TESOL 2018 in Chicago, I thought I would share with you an insider’s guide to participating and getting the most out of the convention.