Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Among students learning English in Burbank, there are more Armenian speakers than Spanish, school officials say 22 June 2017
- Preparing to more effectively teach English learners next year 22 June 2017
- Most K-12 spending goes to salaries and benefits 22 June 2017
- King Abdulaziz University steps up operations to develop English language teaching profession 22 June 2017
- Too few ELL students land in gifted classes 22 June 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: reading activities
Today I’ll share five reading strategies that were helpful to me when I was an ESL student, and, hopefully, they will be valuable to your students as well.
I’d like you to meet guest blogger, Kathy Perret, who is an educational consultant for Northwest AEA in Sioux City, Iowa. Her areas of interest include literacy, ESL, instructional coaching, and teacher leadership. I met Kathy on Twitter and her … Continue reading
According to Reading Rockets, fluency is composed of three features: accuracy, automaticity, and prosody. These features of fluency are regularly assessed in schools. It’s my opinion, however, that ELs can’t be held to the same standards as their English-speaking classmates while … Continue reading
A Guest Post by Sybil Marcus Sybil Marcus has lived and worked on four continents. She taught ESL at the University of California at Berkeley Extension and at the Summer English Language Studies on the Berkeley campus. She has presented at … Continue reading