Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Teaching English language learners: A complex endeavor 15 March 2018
- Native English speakers in demand as Japanese teachers hone their language skills for new curricula 15 March 2018
- Host families regain favor with English language students 15 March 2018
- One for all and all for one 15 March 2018
- UK should set date for everyone to speak English, says Casey 15 March 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: reading activities
Today I’ll share five reading strategies that were helpful to me when I was an ESL student, and, hopefully, they will be valuable to your students as well.
I’d like you to meet guest blogger, Kathy Perret, who is an educational consultant for Northwest AEA in Sioux City, Iowa. Her areas of interest include literacy, ESL, instructional coaching, and teacher leadership. I met Kathy on Twitter and her … Continue reading
According to Reading Rockets, fluency is composed of three features: accuracy, automaticity, and prosody. These features of fluency are regularly assessed in schools. It’s my opinion, however, that ELs can’t be held to the same standards as their English-speaking classmates while … Continue reading
A Guest Post by Sybil Marcus Sybil Marcus has lived and worked on four continents. She taught ESL at the University of California at Berkeley Extension and at the Summer English Language Studies on the Berkeley campus. She has presented at … Continue reading