Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- US students satisfied with life, but some foreigners happier 24 April 2017
- Fewer learning English amid Trump deportation fears 24 April 2017
- Teaching ELLs to write academic essays 24 April 2017
- Study: Want a better job and salary? Master the English language 24 April 2017
- English Language Travel Industry Report 2016 24 April 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: reading activities
Today I’ll share five reading strategies that were helpful to me when I was an ESL student, and, hopefully, they will be valuable to your students as well.
I’d like you to meet guest blogger, Kathy Perret, who is an educational consultant for Northwest AEA in Sioux City, Iowa. Her areas of interest include literacy, ESL, instructional coaching, and teacher leadership. I met Kathy on Twitter and her … Continue reading
According to Reading Rockets, fluency is composed of three features: accuracy, automaticity, and prosody. These features of fluency are regularly assessed in schools. It’s my opinion, however, that ELs can’t be held to the same standards as their English-speaking classmates while … Continue reading
A Guest Post by Sybil Marcus Sybil Marcus has lived and worked on four continents. She taught ESL at the University of California at Berkeley Extension and at the Summer English Language Studies on the Berkeley campus. She has presented at … Continue reading