Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Understanding context is important for international students in US 3 October 2022
- Teacher of English - Full Time 3 October 2022
- TESOL Announces Election Slate 3 October 2022
- Exposure to accents helps children learn words 3 October 2022
- If We Must Label Language Learners: EL vs. MLL 3 October 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Ayanna Cooper
Name: Ayanna Cooper
Bio: Ayanna Cooper, EdD, is a consultant, author, keynote speaker, and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. As owner of ACooper Consulting, she provides technical assistance to state departments of education and other clients with the goal of improving outcomes for students. She emphasizes the importance of building capacity to develop and sustain English language programs, use English language proficiency data, and improve instructional practices. She is currently serving on the TESOL Board of Directors.
Ayanna Cooper's Posts
- April 25, 2022: Roots and Culture: Celebrating Haitian Heritage Month
- February 28, 2022: The Importance of Student Stories: Celebrating Black History Month and Beyond
- July 8, 2020: Recap to Reengage: Preparing to Assure Linguistic Equity
- June 16, 2020: EL Families and School Communities: The Importance of Effective Communication
- May 5, 2020: Determining Proficiency and Monitoring ELs: What’s the Procedure?
- April 17, 2020: Supporting Dually Identified English Learners
- March 3, 2020: Evaluation of Program Models for ELs: Let’s Check and Reflect
- February 4, 2020: Diversity ≠ Inclusion: Avoiding Segregative Practices With ELs