Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- States look to Education Department for guidance on restarting testing and accountability after two years of pandemic-related interruptions 29 November 2021
- Participate in GivingTuesday — the Global Day of Giving 29 November 2021
- 3 ways to better guide high school teachers in helping struggling students 29 November 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 29 November 2021
- Study: 1 in 6 college freshmen has ADHD — most with comorbidities 29 November 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Ayanna Cooper
Name: Ayanna Cooper
Bio: Ayanna Cooper, EdD, is a consultant, author, keynote speaker, and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. As owner of ACooper Consulting, she provides technical assistance to state departments of education and other clients with the goal of improving outcomes for students. She emphasizes the importance of building capacity to develop and sustain English language programs, use English language proficiency data, and improve instructional practices. She is currently serving on the TESOL Board of Directors.
Ayanna Cooper's Posts
- July 8, 2020: Recap to Reengage: Preparing to Assure Linguistic Equity
- June 16, 2020: EL Families and School Communities: The Importance of Effective Communication
- May 5, 2020: Determining Proficiency and Monitoring ELs: What’s the Procedure?
- April 17, 2020: Supporting Dually Identified English Learners
- March 3, 2020: Evaluation of Program Models for ELs: Let’s Check and Reflect
- February 4, 2020: Diversity ≠ Inclusion: Avoiding Segregative Practices With ELs
- January 7, 2020: Committed to Serve in 2020: Supporting ELs Who Opt Out
- December 3, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Planning for Participation