Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Virus, technology, unrest make stressful year for teachers 10 May 2021
- More colleges are requiring coronavirus vaccines. How will they enforce them? 10 May 2021
- TESOL Joins Over 40 Organizations in Request for Increased Teacher Development Funding 10 May 2021
- Civil Rights complaint filed over lack of COVID-19 provisions for multilinguals 10 May 2021
- TESOL Reaffirms its Solidarity with the Global Community During COVID-19 Pandemic 10 May 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Ayanna Cooper
Name: Ayanna Cooper
Bio: Ayanna Cooper, EdD, is a consultant, author, keynote speaker, and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. As owner of ACooper Consulting, she provides technical assistance to state departments of education and other clients with the goal of improving outcomes for students. She emphasizes the importance of building capacity to develop and sustain English language programs, use English language proficiency data, and improve instructional practices. She is currently serving on the TESOL Board of Directors.
Ayanna Cooper's Posts
- November 18, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Staffing and Supporting EL Programs. What’s This Year’s Professional Learning Plan?
- September 3, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 2)
- August 7, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 1)
- July 2, 2019: The Civil Rights of English Learners
- September 4, 2012: $5.69 Professional Development