Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- 4 Harmful Myths About Linguistically Minoritized Students 30 January 2023
- What's the right mindset for teaching English learners? A teacher explains 30 January 2023
- NNEST-IS Webinar: Emerging NNEST Leaders: Where do we begin? 30 January 2023
- Advocates urge lawmakers to pass bill supporting families of English learning students 30 January 2023
- Call for Authors for New TESOL Press Product Series 30 January 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Darlyne de Haan
Name: Darlyne de Haan
Bio: Dr. Darlyne de Haan, a former forensic scientist and chemist with more than 20 years of experience in STEM, is a recipient and participant of the coveted Fulbright Administrator Program for Fulbright Leaders for Global Schools, a program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. She is a strong advocate for changing the face of STEM to reflect the population and is fluent in English and advanced in Spanish.
Darlyne de Haan's Posts
- December 6, 2022: STEM and ELT: Math Modeling Builds Vocabulary, Too!
- October 26, 2022: STEM and ELT: Performance Tasks for MLLs
- September 14, 2022: 7 Back-to-School Tips for the STEM Teacher
- July 6, 2022: Thinking Tasks: Ensuring MLLs Understand STEM Content
- June 7, 2022: The Video Game Model for Success in STEM
- May 3, 2022: 6 Effective Practices for Teaching STEM to MLLs
- April 5, 2022: STEM and ELT: What I Learned From My TESOL 2022 Participants
- March 2, 2022: STEM and ELD: 2 Great Strategies for Building Vocabulary in STEM