Subscribe to TESOL Blog
TESOL English Language Bulletin
- English literacy for multilingual learners: Voices from the field 30 May 2023
- Using station rotation in PD for supporting English language learners 30 May 2023
- Submit a Proposal to Present at the TESOL 2024 International Convention! 30 May 2023
- 5 Collaborative Teaching Practices for Teacher Learning 30 May 2023
- Call for TESOL Press Contributors! 30 May 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Laura Baecher
Name: Laura Baecher
Bio: Dr. Laura Baecher is professor of TESOL at Hunter College, City University of New York. Her research interests and publications relate to teacher education, including educational technology in teacher learning, observation and coaching for English language teaching, and professional development in TESOL. Her recent books are Reflecting on Problems of Practice in TESOL and Video in Teacher Learning: Through their Own Eyes. She has served as TESOL International Association’s Teacher Education Interest Section chair, as an English language specialist for the U.S. Department of State, and as president of the New York State TESOL affiliate.
Laura Baecher's Posts
- February 24, 2023: Mindfulness in PD: Not a Magic Pill, but Certainly a Superpower
- January 25, 2023: New (Critical) Friendships for a New Year of PD
- December 27, 2022: Top 8 PD Topics for English Language Teachers in 2022
- November 23, 2022: 10 Asset-Based Approaches to Professional Development
- October 24, 2022: 3 Ways to Get From “Burned Out” to “On Fire”
- April 29, 2022: 4 Tips for Preparing a Winning Conference Proposal
- February 25, 2022: Strategic Use of the TESOL Convention as PD
- January 28, 2022: Micro Is Mighty: Can Micro-Credentialing Work for You?