Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- 4 best languages to learn at uni 6 December 2022
- New program will pay for Indiana teachers to earn license to teach English language learners 6 December 2022
- ALIS Webinar: Language Use in the Classroom: Balancing Target Language Exposure With the Need for Other Languages 6 December 2022
- A Flipped Classroom Model to Improve Students' Online EFL Learning 6 December 2022
- Become a Teacher Leader in Your School 6 December 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Laura Baecher
Name: Laura Baecher
Bio: Dr. Laura Baecher is professor of TESOL at Hunter College, City University of New York. Her research interests and publications relate to teacher education, including educational technology in teacher learning, observation and coaching for English language teaching, and professional development in TESOL. Her recent books are Reflecting on Problems of Practice in TESOL and Video in Teacher Learning: Through their Own Eyes. She has served as TESOL International Association’s Teacher Education Interest Section chair, as an English language specialist for the U.S. Department of State, and as president of the New York State TESOL affiliate.
Laura Baecher's Posts
- November 23, 2022: 10 Asset-Based Approaches to Professional Development
- October 24, 2022: 3 Ways to Get From “Burned Out” to “On Fire”
- April 29, 2022: 4 Tips for Preparing a Winning Conference Proposal
- February 25, 2022: Strategic Use of the TESOL Convention as PD
- January 28, 2022: Micro Is Mighty: Can Micro-Credentialing Work for You?
- December 21, 2021: 4 Steps to Create a Circle of Mentors
- November 22, 2021: 6 Questions to Ask When Designing Teacher PD
- October 23, 2021: 10 Dead Ideas in Professional Development