Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Adult literacy rate likely to plummet in post-pandemic era 1 July 2022
- TESOL Board Connect: The Different Paths to Leadership 1 July 2022
- Teaching tuesday: Approaches to support English learners 1 July 2022
- Register by 11 July for SWEL Workshop 3! 1 July 2022
- Lived experiences as a resource for scaffolding metapragmatic understandings with young language learners 1 July 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Lauren Conn and Kristin Fawaz
Name: Lauren Conn and Kristin Fawaz
Bio: Lauren Conn is senior manager of social impact at VIPKid, one of the world's leading education technology companies. She leads social impact initiatives, including the establishment of VIPTeach, a nonprofit organization seed-funded by VIPKid to empower educators as drivers of innovation and equity in education. She holds an MBA from Georgetown University, an MAEd, and a BA in Hispanic Studies from the College of William and Mary, and was a Rotary World Peace Fellow at the Universidad del Salvador in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Kristin Fawaz, MEd, is a career educator with more than 24 years of experience in public education and the EdTech space, where she served as a teacher, school administrator, program coordinator, and learner advocate. As the community program coordinator for VIPKid, Kristin works to empower the VIPKid teacher community through programs and opportunities for online educators to connect and share best practices. She holds a masters of education degree in gifted and talented education and educational leadership.
Lauren Conn and Kristin Fawaz 's Posts
- May 28, 2020: Distance Learning Tips and Strategies