Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Dual language classes, English as a second language promote bilingualism 20 September 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 20 September 2021
- How can teachers support students as we return to in-person learning 20 September 2021
- Planning an SEL-Focused School Reopening 20 September 2021
- How toxic positivity demoralizes teachers and hurts schools 20 September 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Maria Antonia Irizarry
Name: Maria Antonia Irizarry
Bio: Maria Antonia Irizarry is a professor and coordinator of the Graduate TESL Program at the University of Puerto Rico (UPR). She holds a bachelors degree in TESL from UPR, a master's degree in TESL, a master's in education in the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language, and a doctorate in education in languages and literature from Columbia University, USA. She taught in New York public schools and at Essex County College in New Jersey, and was associate superintendent of schools in Newark, New Jersey. Her commitment to TESOL has been unwavering. She is a past member of the PRTESOL board of directors and served the organization as president in 1988. She is a frequent presenter at regional and national activities and has offered her expertise to the U.S. Virgin Islands, Chile, Dominican Republic, and Panama, among other countries.
Maria Antonia Irizarry's Posts