Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Struggling readers: Questions needing answers 19 July 2021
- Last Chance to Register for TESOL ELevate! 19 July 2021
- Isolated children need support, but they go unnoticed 19 July 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 19 July 2021
- How are states spending their COVID education relief funds? 19 July 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Naashia Mohamed
Name: Naashia Mohamed
Bio: Naashia Mohamed is a Senior Lecturer of TESOL at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. Her work in teacher education focuses on addressing the needs of language learners in schools and considers how school policies and practices can reduce the educational gaps faced by immigrant children and youth. Naashia has published in journals such as TESOL Quarterly, Current Issues in Language Planning, International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies, and ELT Journal. Her research addresses issues of identity, power, and equity in language education policy and practice.
Naashia Mohamed's Posts
- June 23, 2021: 4 Steps to Becoming a Culturally Sustaining Teacher
- May 26, 2021: Understanding Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy