Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Understanding context is important for international students in US 3 October 2022
- Teacher of English - Full Time 3 October 2022
- TESOL Announces Election Slate 3 October 2022
- Exposure to accents helps children learn words 3 October 2022
- If We Must Label Language Learners: EL vs. MLL 3 October 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Scott Douglas
Name: Scott Douglas
Bio: Scott Roy Douglas, PhD, is an associate professor in the University of British Columbia’s Okanagan School of Education. His focus is on English as an additional language teaching and learning. Recent research projects have explored topics such as short-term study abroad, undergraduate English for academic purposes, and communicative competence in the workplace. He is also an active member of his local TESOL affiliate as the editor of the BC TEAL Journal.
Scott Douglas's Posts
- March 21, 2022: Identifying TESOL’s Future Research Priorities
- March 31, 2021: Recent Research Trends in ELT: A Look at TESOL Quarterly
- November 21, 2019: TESOL Research and the Scholar-Practitioner