Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Adult English language learners head back to class in Minnesota 8 August 2022
- California could paint a clearer picture of English learner achievement if new bill passes 8 August 2022
- 9 Ways New ELT Teachers Can Succeed 8 August 2022
- 3 ways teaching English to teenagers isn't as scary as you think 8 August 2022
- Become a Better Educator With TESOL ME: The 6 Principles Series! 8 August 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Yilin Sun
Name: Yilin Sun
Bio: Yilin Sun has served as president of TESOL International Association, as chair of the TESOL Affiliate Leadership Council, and president of Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (WAESOL). In 2011-2012, Dr. Sun was a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Taiwan at the National Taiwan Normal University. Dr. Sun received her doctorate in applied linguistics/curriculum and instruction from the University of Toronto, Canada. She has more than 28 years of experience in the field of TESOL as a teacher educator, a researcher, a classroom teacher, and a program leader with various institutions of higher education in China, Canada, and the United States. She is the author and co-author of books, book chapters, and research papers in refereed professional journals. Her research interests include curriculum development, program assessment and evaluation, L2 reading, vocabulary learning, classroom-based action research, teacher education, adult education, teaching English to young learners, World Englishes, ESP and nonnative English speaking teachers (NNEST) in the ELT field.
Yilin Sun's Posts
- September 15, 2014: A New Way of Looking at Teacher Evaluation
- August 15, 2014: Living VenTESOL’s Spirit!
- July 15, 2014: TESOL Advocates Are on Capitol Hill
- July 7, 2014: TESOL Association: Update on Governance Review
- June 15, 2014: Questioning Techniques to Engage Students in Critical Thinking
- May 19, 2014: Demystifying Myths About Leadership: An NNEST Perspective
- April 17, 2014: Greetings From Yilin and Important Initiatives From TESOL