Subscribe to TESOL Blog
TESOL English Language Bulletin
- How federal COVID aid is uplifting English learners in this small Rhode Island city 20 March 2023
- Exploring language acquisition in multilingual children 20 March 2023
- NNEST-IS Webinar: Emerging NNEST Leaders: Where do we begin? 20 March 2023
- Potential of light literature 20 March 2023
- Separating Difference From Disability With Students Learning English as an Additional Language 20 March 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: accent variation
Pronunciation Perspectives Part 2: A Video Conversation with Tracey Derwing
In a recent post, I shared portions of my video interview with Dr. Tracey Derwing, coauthor of Pronunciation Fundamentals: Evidence-Based Perspectives for L2 Teaching and Research (Derwing & Munro, 2015). Here, I bring you more from that interview, focusing on … Continue reading
Posted in TESOL Blog Tagged as accent variation, accents, evergreen, Karen Taylor de Caballero, pronunciation Leave a comment
You Say “Tomato”: Is Accent Variation Relevant to ESL Students?
When the Gershwin brothers wrote “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” in 1937, accent variation was just as much a part of every day life as it is now, but talking about it was edgy, new. With the help of … Continue reading
Posted in TESOL Blog Tagged as accent, accent variation, ESL listening, pronunciation, speech 6 Comments