Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Rural K-12 leaders need more teachers but rural teachers need more support 19 November 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 19 November 2021
- What reading skills should be taught and the best way to teach them 19 November 2021
- Rethinking Instructional Strategies with English Learners in the Content Areas 19 November 2021
- Centering Black students in language education 19 November 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: program improvement
Very rarely do the words evaluation or audit invoke happy, anticipatory emotions. Evaluation of English language programs is a necessary and helpful part of assuring equity for English learners (ELs). The topic of this blog is about resources available to … Continue reading
Students identified as English learners (ELs) who opt out, waive services, decline to participate, or simply just say “no”: These are the students we’re going to talk about today. As EL advocates, we often focus on students who participate in … Continue reading
Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Staffing and Supporting EL Programs. What’s This Year’s Professional Learning Plan?
We are several months into the school year, and this blog is dedicated to one of my favorite topics, professional learning for the education of English learners (ELs). How many or how few of you have had at least one … Continue reading
In a recent conversation, a colleague asked me a number of questions about supporting schools with various program models in place for their English learner (EL) population. In an effort to provide appropriate language support, we often ask simple questions … Continue reading
The TESOL President’s Blog Many teachers understandably do not enjoy or appreciate being evaluated. Some teachers actually dislike or resent evaluation systems in general, or the system that is implemented in their workplace specifically. Regardless of these opinions, I think … Continue reading