Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Traditional university teacher ed programs face enrollment declines, staff cuts 26 September 2022
- Back-to-School Resources and Books — Enjoy 20% Off! 26 September 2022
- Using Language Portraits to Explore Students' Identities 26 September 2022
- Why does inclusion often neglect the needs of deaf students? 26 September 2022
- Register Today for TESOL ELevate! 26 September 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: self-assessment
Crusan’s (2011) article “The Promise of Directed Self-Placement for Second Language Writers” underscores the advantages of directed self-placement (DSP) methods over so-called “classic” placement approaches, which, as Crusan rightly noted, assume financial expenses and political decisions, and which may not … Continue reading
As part of my TESOL MA program, I had to take a language testing class. One of the hardest tasks of the course was—believe it or not—working in a group with other graduate students to create a writing test. Some … Continue reading
Today I’m going to discuss a technique that I’m calling deferred self-correction (an entirely forlackofabetterword term; don’t google it; four hits; other suggestions welcome). I’ve been using this technique for a long time but never really gave it much thought … Continue reading
Why Self-Assessment? I’ll be honest: It took me a while to come around to the notion of self-assessment. All I could picture was my sneeringly too-cool high-school self giving my apathetically underachieving high school self A+ after unearned A+.