Subscribe to TESOL Blog
TESOL English Language Bulletin
- Social-Emotional Learning and the Middle School Student 27 March 2023
- Teachers in India to Receive TESOL English Teaching Credential 27 March 2023
- Peer review in multilingual classes 27 March 2023
- TESOL Announces Professional Development for Honduran English Teachers 27 March 2023
- A dual immersion program that's unique — and seeing academic returns 27 March 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: speech
Pronunciation Teaching Charlatans: 5 Red Flags
When was the last time you turned to the Internet to solve a problem or find an answer to a question? Minutes ago, right? Well, guess what: Our students are doing it too, and many of them are looking for … Continue reading
Posted in TESOL Blog Tagged as ESL listening, evergreen, Karen Taylor de Caballero, online learning, pronunciation, speech, teaching speaking Leave a comment
You Say “Tomato”: Is Accent Variation Relevant to ESL Students?
When the Gershwin brothers wrote “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” in 1937, accent variation was just as much a part of every day life as it is now, but talking about it was edgy, new. With the help of … Continue reading
Posted in TESOL Blog Tagged as accent, accent variation, ESL listening, pronunciation, speech 6 Comments