Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- More evidence that bilingualism delays symptoms of Alzheimer's 24 February 2020
- Immigrant advocates press city schools to fund program for newly arrived students 24 February 2020
- Australia aims to be ELT 'destination of choice' 24 February 2020
- 5 tips to avoid the summer slide 24 February 2020
- Enrollment down by a third in teacher prep programs 24 February 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Ayanna Cooper
Name: Ayanna Cooper
Bio: Ayanna Cooper, EdD, is a consultant, author, keynote speaker, and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. As owner of ACooper Consulting, she provides technical assistance to state departments of education and other clients with the goal of improving outcomes for students. She emphasizes the importance of building capacity to develop and sustain English language programs, use English language proficiency data and to improve instructional practices. She is the author of "Creating and Sustaining Equitable Schools with English Learners" (in press) and coauthor of "Evaluating ALL Teachers of English Learners and Students with Disabilities, Supporting Great Teaching" (Corwin Press).
Ayanna Cooper's Posts
- February 4, 2020: Diversity ≠ Inclusion: Avoiding Segregative Practices With ELs
- January 7, 2020: Committed to Serve in 2020: Supporting ELs Who Opt Out
- December 3, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Planning for Participation
- November 18, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Staffing and Supporting EL Programs. What’s This Year’s Professional Learning Plan?
- September 3, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 2)
- August 7, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 1)
- July 2, 2019: The Civil Rights of English Learners
- September 4, 2012: $5.69 Professional Development