Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Access issues for students go beyond online content, extending to housing and food 2 April 2020
- Teachers strategize to keep English learners engaged during COVID-19 crisis 2 April 2020
- Supporting multilingual students' learning in a time of school closures 2 April 2020
- The CARES Act and public education 2 April 2020
- Kindness and gratitude in our time of crisis 2 April 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Ayanna Cooper
Name: Ayanna Cooper
Bio: Ayanna Cooper, EdD, is a consultant, author, keynote speaker, and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse learners. As owner of ACooper Consulting, she provides technical assistance to state departments of education and other clients with the goal of improving outcomes for students. She emphasizes the importance of building capacity to develop and sustain English language programs, use English language proficiency data and to improve instructional practices. She is the author of "Creating and Sustaining Equitable Schools with English Learners" (in press) and coauthor of "Evaluating ALL Teachers of English Learners and Students with Disabilities, Supporting Great Teaching" (Corwin Press).
Ayanna Cooper's Posts
- March 3, 2020: Evaluation of Program Models for ELs: Let’s Check and Reflect
- February 4, 2020: Diversity ≠ Inclusion: Avoiding Segregative Practices With ELs
- January 7, 2020: Committed to Serve in 2020: Supporting ELs Who Opt Out
- December 3, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Planning for Participation
- November 18, 2019: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations: Staffing and Supporting EL Programs. What’s This Year’s Professional Learning Plan?
- September 3, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 2)
- August 7, 2019: Back-to-School Basics: Avoiding Civil Rights Violations (Part 1)
- July 2, 2019: The Civil Rights of English Learners