Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Nearly half in top 5 US cities don't speak English at home, record 67 million 20 September 2018
- Betsy DeVos reopens application process for ESSA's innovative assessment pilot 20 September 2018
- Not opposed to English language: Mohan Bhagwat 20 September 2018
- TESOL awards & grants: Now accepting applications 20 September 2018
- Senate passes spending bill to increase funding for several education programs 20 September 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Alexandra Lowe
Name: Alexandra Lowe
Bio: Alexandra is an ESL instructor at SUNY Westchester Community College, where she has taught Speaking & Listening in the Intensive English Program, English for Academic Purposes, Business English, Accent on Fluency and a wide range of ESL levels. She has also served as a consultant to the Community College Consortium on Immigrant Education, which is based at Westchester Community College. Her primary interests are bringing authentic materials into the ESL classroom, connecting ESL students to the supportive resources available at many community colleges, and promoting self-directed learning strategies that ESL students can use outside of the classroom to accelerate their learning and enhance their speaking skills.
Alexandra Lowe's Posts
- February 3, 2016: Volunteering: A Strategy for Speaking More English
- November 25, 2015: Speaking More English Outside of Class: Meetup.com
- October 28, 2015: Graffiti Grammar: A Four Skills Activity
- August 26, 2015: Critical Thinking About Technology: An ELT Activity
- August 12, 2015: Discussing Global Warming and Climate Change in ELT