- English: A divider or equalizer? 15 April 2014
- Improving English channels 15 April 2014
- Minnesota surge in bilingual students calling for teaching shift 15 April 2014
- Call for participation for the 2015 TESOL convention 15 April 2014
- Those who can't do, shouldn't teach: learning English in Saudi schools 15 April 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Alexandra Lowe
Name: Alexandra Lowe
Bio: Alexandra is an ESL instructor at SUNY Westchester Community College, where she has taught Speaking & Listening in the Intensive English Program, English for Academic Purposes, Business English, Accent on Fluency and a wide range of ESL levels. A graduate of Harvard Law School, she brings to the classroom the experience gained from years of creating workshops for judges, lawyers, physicians, social workers and journalists. Her primary interests are bringing authentic materials into the ESL classroom and self-directed learning strategies that students can use outside of the classroom to accelerate their learning and enhance their speaking skills.
Alexandra Lowe's Posts
- March 28, 2014: Learning English With William Shakespeare
- February 28, 2014: Film English: An Online Resource for ELT
- February 14, 2014: Role-Playing the Present Perfect: A Speaking Activity
- January 31, 2014: Metaphorically Speaking: How Does It Feel When You Speak English?
- January 17, 2014: Untitled Skull: A Speaking and Writing Activity Using Art
- January 3, 2014: Speaking English Outside of Class: When Students Need More Help
- December 20, 2013: How to Cook A Camel: Giving Instructions
- December 6, 2013: Eavesdropping on the Present Perfect
- November 22, 2013: Look Into My Eyes…and Learn Unforgettable Vocabulary!
- November 8, 2013: Getting Ahead in English Outside of Class: Next Steps