- Schools get state aid for English skills, career help 10 March 2014
- English language learners and California's NCLB testing waiver 10 March 2014
- With testing moratorium, LAUSD crafts its own for ELL shift 10 March 2014
- Looking to share your expertise? 10 March 2014
- Investigation into GCSE English exam results in Wales 10 March 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Alexandra Lowe
Name: Alexandra Lowe
Bio: Alexandra is an ESL instructor at SUNY Westchester Community College, where she has taught Speaking & Listening in the Intensive English Program, English for Academic Purposes, Business English, Accent on Fluency and a wide range of ESL levels. A graduate of Harvard Law School, she brings to the classroom the experience gained from years of teaching judges, lawyers, physicians, social workers and journalists. Her primary interests are bringing authentic materials into the ESL classroom and self-directed learning strategies that students can use outside of the classroom to accelerate their learning and enhance their speaking skills.
Alexandra Lowe's Posts
- February 28, 2014: Film English: An Online Resource for ELT
- February 14, 2014: Role-Playing the Present Perfect: A Speaking Activity
- January 31, 2014: Metaphorically Speaking: How Does It Feel When You Speak English?
- January 17, 2014: Untitled Skull: A Speaking and Writing Activity Using Art
- January 3, 2014: Speaking English Outside of Class: When Students Need More Help
- December 20, 2013: How to Cook A Camel: Giving Instructions
- December 6, 2013: Eavesdropping on the Present Perfect
- November 22, 2013: Look Into My Eyes…and Learn Unforgettable Vocabulary!
- November 8, 2013: Getting Ahead in English Outside of Class: Next Steps
- October 25, 2013: Classroom Activity: Hiring the New ESL Instructor