Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Breaking barriers in communication while illustrating our humanity 22 February 2019
- Teachers are still striking, but their demands have changed. Here's how 22 February 2019
- Do smarter teachers make smarter students? 22 February 2019
- Bilingual babies focus better 22 February 2019
- TESOL Press 22 February 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Alexandra Lowe
Name: Alexandra Lowe
Bio: Alexandra is an ESL instructor at SUNY Westchester Community College, where she has taught Speaking & Listening in the Intensive English Program, English for Academic Purposes, Business English, Accent on Fluency and a wide range of ESL levels. She has also served as a consultant to the Community College Consortium on Immigrant Education, which is based at Westchester Community College. Her primary interests are bringing authentic materials into the ESL classroom, connecting ESL students to the supportive resources available at many community colleges, and promoting self-directed learning strategies that ESL students can use outside of the classroom to accelerate their learning and enhance their speaking skills.
Alexandra Lowe's Posts
- February 3, 2016: Volunteering: A Strategy for Speaking More English
- November 25, 2015: Speaking More English Outside of Class: Meetup.com
- October 28, 2015: Graffiti Grammar: A Four Skills Activity
- August 26, 2015: Critical Thinking About Technology: An ELT Activity
- August 12, 2015: Discussing Global Warming and Climate Change in ELT