- How visual thinking improves writing 6 December 2013
- US achievement stalls as other nations make gains 6 December 2013
- Uses for GIS mapping technology in fields of ESL 6 December 2013
- Dual-language learners make key gains in head start and public pre-K 6 December 2013
- Professional Development Calendar 6 December 2013
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Alexandra Lowe
Name: Alexandra Lowe
Bio: Two years ago, Alexandra embarked on an “encore career” as an ESL instructor at SUNY Westchester Community College, where she has taught English for Academic Purposes, Business English, Accent on Fluency and a wide range of ESL levels. A graduate of Harvard Law School, she brings to the classroom the experience gained from years of teaching judges, lawyers, physicians, social workers and journalists. Her primary interests are bringing authentic materials into the ESL classroom and self-directed learning strategies that students can use outside of the classroom to accelerate their learning and enhance their speaking skills.
Alexandra Lowe's Posts
- December 6, 2013: Eavesdropping on the Present Perfect
- November 22, 2013: Look Into My Eyes…and Learn Unforgettable Vocabulary!
- November 8, 2013: Getting Ahead in English Outside of Class: Next Steps
- October 25, 2013: Classroom Activity: Hiring the New ESL Instructor
- October 11, 2013: Learning English With Steve Jobs
- September 27, 2013: Running Dictations: A Runaway Success
- September 13, 2013: Getting Ahead in English Outside of Class – Day 1
- August 30, 2013: I Have a Dream Speech: Teaching Adult ELLs Parallelism
- August 16, 2013: College Lectures for Advanced ELLs: Academic Earth
- August 3, 2013: Master Classes: ESL Reflections From the Keyboard