Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Revive English for maths and science 21 May 2018
- Forget Memorization: Here's why language class should focus on excitement instead 21 May 2018
- The financial stress of teaching in regions of fast economic growth 21 May 2018
- Why is China suddenly seeking Filipino English teachers? 21 May 2018
- Universities and colleges 'should put limit on English classes' 21 May 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Alexandra Lowe
Name: Alexandra Lowe
Bio: Alexandra is an ESL instructor at SUNY Westchester Community College, where she has taught Speaking & Listening in the Intensive English Program, English for Academic Purposes, Business English, Accent on Fluency and a wide range of ESL levels. She has also served as a consultant to the Community College Consortium on Immigrant Education, which is based at Westchester Community College. Her primary interests are bringing authentic materials into the ESL classroom, connecting ESL students to the supportive resources available at many community colleges, and promoting self-directed learning strategies that ESL students can use outside of the classroom to accelerate their learning and enhance their speaking skills.
Alexandra Lowe's Posts
- February 3, 2016: Volunteering: A Strategy for Speaking More English
- November 25, 2015: Speaking More English Outside of Class: Meetup.com
- October 28, 2015: Graffiti Grammar: A Four Skills Activity
- August 26, 2015: Critical Thinking About Technology: An ELT Activity
- August 12, 2015: Discussing Global Warming and Climate Change in ELT