- ELL education progressing on justice department orders 15 September 2014
- Big-city districts delve into Common Core teaching for English learners 15 September 2014
- Flexibility with English language learners 15 September 2014
- Looking to share your expertise? 15 September 2014
- English proficiency the way forward 15 September 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Alexandra Lowe
Name: Alexandra Lowe
Bio: Alexandra is an ESL instructor at SUNY Westchester Community College, where she has taught Speaking & Listening in the Intensive English Program, English for Academic Purposes, Business English, Accent on Fluency and a wide range of ESL levels. She has also served as a consultant to the Community College Consortium on Immigrant Education, which is based at Westchester Community College. Her primary interests are bringing authentic materials into the ESL classroom, connecting ESL students to the supportive resources available at many community colleges, and promoting self-directed learning strategies that ESL students can use outside of the classroom to accelerate their learning and enhance their speaking skills.
Alexandra Lowe's Posts
- September 12, 2014: Connecting Adult ELLs to Supportive College Resources
- August 15, 2014: A Great Grammar Resource: Learn American English Online
- July 18, 2014: Student-Generated Grammar Rules
- June 20, 2014: Learning the Ropes: A Project-Based Speaking Activity
- May 23, 2014: What Does It REALLY Take to Succeed? A Speaking Activity
- April 25, 2014: Are You a Tech Addict? A Writing & Speaking Activity
- March 28, 2014: Learning English With William Shakespeare
- February 28, 2014: Film English: An Online Resource for ELT
- February 14, 2014: Role-Playing the Present Perfect: A Speaking Activity
- January 31, 2014: Metaphorically Speaking: How Does It Feel When You Speak English?