Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- STEAM education for English learners 24 June 2019
- Serve as an Elected Leader 24 June 2019
- Teaching in the US should be more 'intellectually attractive,' global expert says 24 June 2019
- Call for volunteers: Diverse voices task force 24 June 2019
- Children who go to preschool are better prepared for kindergarten; But is that enough? 24 June 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- June 18, 2019: 10 Scaffolds to Support EL Learning, Part 2
- May 21, 2019: 10 Scaffolds to Support EL Learning, Part 1
- April 16, 2019: 5 Ways to Help ELs Develop Pride in Their Heritage
- March 26, 2019: Should ELs Be Allowed to Speak Their L1 in School?
- February 19, 2019: Overly Cluttered Classrooms and EL Learning