Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- School leaders reveal the common sense keys to ELL success 18 September 2017
- Betsy DeVos waiting for 'right time,' circumstances for a choice initiative 18 September 2017
- Brexit risks damaging English language support and the UK's global outreach 18 September 2017
- Call for award reviewers 18 September 2017
- All eyes on Congress in battle over 'Dreamers' 18 September 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and has been providing professional development for teachers of ELs around the United States since 2008. She is the author and coauthor of seven books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “The Essential Guide for Educating Beginning English Learners“ with Debbie Zacarian. She is founder of the website everythingESL.net and was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher." She is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- July 10, 2017: Teaching to PreK-5 ELs’ Learning Styles
- June 9, 2017: Are Your ELs Ready to Exit ESL?
- April 20, 2017: Reflecting Students’ Lives in Children’s Literature
- April 7, 2017: Early Childhood Classroom Environments with Big Impact for ELs
- March 13, 2017: Books About Social Justice and Recent U.S. Events
- February 14, 2017: Misconceptions About Immigrants and Refugees in the United States
- January 26, 2017: Literacy Partnerships for Families of ELs
- January 12, 2017: Skills and Attributes English Learners Need in 2017
- December 1, 2016: South Korea Through the Eyes of a Fulbright Recipient
- November 18, 2016: Federal Policies Highlight ELLs in Early Education