Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- 6 tips for engaging the families of English language learners 5 December 2019
- 10 prominent women education leaders share steps to improve the US education system 5 December 2019
- Survey: Special needs students, ELs more positive about school mental health services 5 December 2019
- States gear up to overhaul K-12 funding in 2020 5 December 2019
- English language proficiency in Malaysia suffers from denial 5 December 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- November 19, 2019: Do ELs Lack Access to Education in STEM?
- October 24, 2019: 6 Arguments for Smaller Class Sizes
- September 24, 2019: Strategies to Combat Anti-Immigration Bullying
- August 26, 2019: 11 Back-to-School Strategies for Teachers of ELs
- July 16, 2019: Linking Writing to ELs’ Lives Using Quickwrites
- June 18, 2019: 10 Scaffolds to Support EL Learning, Part 2
- May 21, 2019: 10 Scaffolds to Support EL Learning, Part 1
- April 16, 2019: 5 Ways to Help ELs Develop Pride in Their Heritage