Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- DeVos likely to push school choice as education secretary 19 January 2017
- It won't happen forever: A family history project 19 January 2017
- New Tennessee education plan puts focus on English language learning 19 January 2017
- Rush for English tutorials in rural areas 19 January 2017
- 5 things to look for in Betsy DeVos' confirmation hearing 19 January 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and has been providing professional development for teachers of ELs around the United States since 2008. She is the author and coauthor of seven books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “The Essential Guide for Educating Beginning English Learners“ with Debbie Zacarian. She is founder of the website everythingESL.net and was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher." She is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- January 12, 2017: Skills and Attributes English Learners Need in 2017
- December 1, 2016: South Korea Through the Eyes of a Fulbright Recipient
- November 18, 2016: Federal Policies Highlight ELLs in Early Education
- November 3, 2016: What is a Seal of Biliteracy and How Does it Promote Bilingualism?
- October 20, 2016: Public School Teachers of ELs: A Look at the Legal Requirements
- October 6, 2016: 5 Activities to Improve Reading Fluency in Pre-K–5 ELs
- September 22, 2016: #GoodCallsHome: From Twitter Hashtag to Education Movement
- September 8, 2016: 5 Characteristics of Highly Effective Classroom Teachers of ELs
- August 25, 2016: Teaching Empathy to Children Through Storytelling
- August 11, 2016: Becoming Bilingual in a Pre-K–5 Dual Language Program