Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Why group work could be the key to English learner success 27 February 2017
- Advocates decry Fariña's explanation of low graduation rates among English learners 27 February 2017
- Mastering English language can improve performance in exams, says publisher 27 February 2017
- Reactions flare to DeVos' confirmation 27 February 2017
- Etching details into ESSA education plans 27 February 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and has been providing professional development for teachers of ELs around the United States since 2008. She is the author and coauthor of seven books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “The Essential Guide for Educating Beginning English Learners“ with Debbie Zacarian. She is founder of the website everythingESL.net and was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher." She is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- February 14, 2017: Misconceptions About Immigrants and Refugees in the United States
- January 26, 2017: Literacy Partnerships for Families of ELs
- January 12, 2017: Skills and Attributes English Learners Need in 2017
- December 1, 2016: South Korea Through the Eyes of a Fulbright Recipient
- November 18, 2016: Federal Policies Highlight ELLs in Early Education
- November 3, 2016: What is a Seal of Biliteracy and How Does it Promote Bilingualism?
- October 20, 2016: Public School Teachers of ELs: A Look at the Legal Requirements
- October 6, 2016: 5 Activities to Improve Reading Fluency in Pre-K–5 ELs
- September 22, 2016: #GoodCallsHome: From Twitter Hashtag to Education Movement
- September 8, 2016: 5 Characteristics of Highly Effective Classroom Teachers of ELs