Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TESOL Press 22 April 2019
- Strikes driving change in states with lowest-paid teachers 22 April 2019
- How teachers use technology in the classroom 22 April 2019
- Graduation rates keep falling for English language learners in Rhode Island 22 April 2019
- Is the Texas Legislature doing enough for English learners in HB 3? 22 April 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- April 16, 2019: 5 Ways to Help ELs Develop Pride in Their Heritage
- March 26, 2019: Should ELs Be Allowed to Speak Their L1 in School?
- February 19, 2019: Overly Cluttered Classrooms and EL Learning
- January 15, 2019: Do Children Learn English More Easily Than Adults?
- December 18, 2018: 5 Approaches to Professional Development for EL Educators