Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Here's what Gen Z teachers around the world want in their jobs 21 January 2020
- Reflections on becoming more culturally responsive 21 January 2020
- Education predictions for the next year and beyond 21 January 2020
- Testing in place 21 January 2020
- TESOL statement in support of Puerto Rico 21 January 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- January 21, 2020: The Best 2019 Resources for Teachers of ELs
- December 17, 2019: Using Literature to Combat Racism in Young Children
- November 19, 2019: Do ELs Lack Access to Education in STEM?
- October 24, 2019: 6 Arguments for Smaller Class Sizes
- September 24, 2019: Strategies to Combat Anti-Immigration Bullying
- August 26, 2019: 11 Back-to-School Strategies for Teachers of ELs
- July 16, 2019: Linking Writing to ELs’ Lives Using Quickwrites
- June 18, 2019: 10 Scaffolds to Support EL Learning, Part 2