Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Access issues for students go beyond online content, extending to housing and food 2 April 2020
- Teachers strategize to keep English learners engaged during COVID-19 crisis 2 April 2020
- Supporting multilingual students' learning in a time of school closures 2 April 2020
- The CARES Act and public education 2 April 2020
- Kindness and gratitude in our time of crisis 2 April 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- March 12, 2020: English Learners and K–3 Grade Retention
- February 14, 2020: 8 Strategies for Teaching Math to English Learners
- January 21, 2020: The Best 2019 Resources for Teachers of ELs
- December 17, 2019: Using Literature to Combat Racism in Young Children
- November 19, 2019: Do ELs Lack Access to Education in STEM?
- October 24, 2019: 6 Arguments for Smaller Class Sizes
- September 24, 2019: Strategies to Combat Anti-Immigration Bullying
- August 26, 2019: 11 Back-to-School Strategies for Teachers of ELs