Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Sharing selfie improvement 11 October 2019
- Unexpected jump in English language learners prompts IPS to hire more teachers 11 October 2019
- Helping refugee students feel safe 11 October 2019
- Reading the right way 11 October 2019
- Educators want more safety training 11 October 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- September 24, 2019: Strategies to Combat Anti-Immigration Bullying
- August 26, 2019: 11 Back-to-School Strategies for Teachers of ELs
- July 16, 2019: Linking Writing to ELs’ Lives Using Quickwrites
- June 18, 2019: 10 Scaffolds to Support EL Learning, Part 2
- May 21, 2019: 10 Scaffolds to Support EL Learning, Part 1
- April 16, 2019: 5 Ways to Help ELs Develop Pride in Their Heritage
- March 26, 2019: Should ELs Be Allowed to Speak Their L1 in School?
- February 19, 2019: Overly Cluttered Classrooms and EL Learning