Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Obama administration releases final testing regulations for ESSA 8 December 2016
- Report: State Report Cards need improvement 8 December 2016
- Using centers to differentiate for English learners 8 December 2016
- ELL program helps students adapt to school through English language 8 December 2016
- The school of hard knocks: How to help Syrian refugees succeed in Canadian education 8 December 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and has been providing professional development for teachers of ELs around the United States since 2008. She is the author and coauthor of seven books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “The Essential Guide for Educating Beginning English Learners“ with Debbie Zacarian. She is founder of the website everythingESL.net and was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher." She is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- December 1, 2016: South Korea Through the Eyes of a Fulbright Recipient
- November 18, 2016: Federal Policies Highlight ELLs in Early Education
- November 3, 2016: What is a Seal of Biliteracy and How Does it Promote Bilingualism?
- October 20, 2016: Public School Teachers of ELs: A Look at the Legal Requirements
- October 6, 2016: 5 Activities to Improve Reading Fluency in Pre-K–5 ELs
- September 22, 2016: #GoodCallsHome: From Twitter Hashtag to Education Movement
- September 8, 2016: 5 Characteristics of Highly Effective Classroom Teachers of ELs
- August 25, 2016: Teaching Empathy to Children Through Storytelling
- August 11, 2016: Becoming Bilingual in a Pre-K–5 Dual Language Program
- July 28, 2016: Why Pre-K–12 Educators of ELs Should Participate in #ELLCHAT