Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Education may propel the Blue Wave in DeVos country 22 October 2018
- A second language for every student 22 October 2018
- Time management for the incredibly busy teacher 22 October 2018
- Registration Now Open: #TESOL19 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA 22 October 2018
- Shake-up for English language testing system in Saudi Arabia 22 October 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Joe McVeigh
Name: Joe McVeigh
Bio: Joe McVeigh works independently in the field of English language teaching as a consultant, author, and teacher trainer. For over 25 years he has taught at universities in the United States, including the California Institute of Technology, the University of Southern California, and the Bread Loaf School of English at Middlebury College. He has lived and worked in countries including China, India, Chile, the United Kingdom, Hungary, and Saudi Arabia. He has taught students from more than 50 countries. He is co-author with Ann Wintergerst of Tips for Teaching Culture: Practical Approaches to Intercultural Communication (Pearson Longman) and a co-author with Jennifer Bixby of two books in the Q: Skills for Success series (Oxford University Press). In addition to writing and consulting, Joe speaks at conferences and workshops, and maintains a blog and website on issues of interest to teachers of ESL. You can also find him on Twitter: @JoeMcVeigh. Joe is a past chair of TESOL's Intensive English Programs Interest Section and served on the TESOL Board of Directors from 1995-1998. He lives with his wife and son in Middlebury, Vermont, USA.
Joe McVeigh's Posts
- February 21, 2018: ELTpics: A Digital Picture File for English Language Teachers
- December 13, 2017: How to Create More Engaging Conference Presentations
- March 21, 2013: Ten Tips to Get the Most Out of the TESOL Conference
- July 6, 2012: Try a webinar!
- May 16, 2012: Tips on Writing Successful Conference Presentation Proposals