Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Why more international students are choosing Canada as an English language hub 27 September 2016
- Mispronouncing student's name now considered a 'microaggression' 27 September 2016
- ESSA and English language learners 27 September 2016
- Congress to hear arguments on Obama administration's proposed education spending rule 27 September 2016
- UAE leads in international English language schools 27 September 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Joe McVeigh
Name: Joe McVeigh
Bio: Joe McVeigh works independently in the field of English language teaching as a consultant, author, and teacher trainer. For over 25 years he has taught at universities in the United States, including the California Institute of Technology, the University of Southern California, and the Bread Loaf School of English at Middlebury College. He has lived and worked in countries including China, India, Chile, the United Kingdom, Hungary, and Saudi Arabia. He has taught students from more than 50 countries. He is co-author with Ann Wintergerst of Tips for Teaching Culture: Practical Approaches to Intercultural Communication (Pearson Longman) and a co-author with Jennifer Bixby of two books in the Q: Skills for Success series (Oxford University Press). In addition to writing and consulting, Joe speaks at conferences and workshops, and maintains a blog and website on issues of interest to teachers of ESL. You can also find him on Twitter: @JoeMcVeigh. Joe is a past chair of TESOL's Intensive English Programs Interest Section and served on the TESOL Board of Directors from 1995-1998. He lives with his wife and son in Middlebury, Vermont, USA.
Joe McVeigh's Posts
- March 21, 2013: Ten Tips to Get the Most Out of the TESOL Conference
- July 6, 2012: Try a webinar!
- May 16, 2012: Tips on Writing Successful Conference Presentation Proposals
- April 5, 2012: What to do after the TESOL conference
- March 29, 2012: Connect With TESOL Through Your Interest Section
- March 26, 2012: Ten Tips to Get the Most from the Conference
- December 21, 2011: Figuring out the frequency of two word verbs
- October 13, 2011: Lesson planning
- September 18, 2011: Class Chemistry
- August 29, 2011: Tips on remembering student names