Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Looking to eliminate dropouts? How Idaho reached English language learners with a 'hybrid' course experiment 26 August 2016
- Multilingual texting platform aims to help schools engage all families 26 August 2016
- Across the border and into school 26 August 2016
- The causes of poor performance in English among Namibian students 26 August 2016
- Study suggests early learning in native language can help English skills 26 August 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Kevin Knight
Name: Kevin Knight
Bio: Kevin Knight (PhD in Linguistics, MBA, MPIA) is an associate professor in the Department of International Communication (International Business Career major) and has also been working in the Career Education Center of Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba, Japan. In the TESOL ESP Interest Section (ESPIS), he has served as chair and English in occupational settings (EOS) representative, and he is currently the ESPIS community manager. He was also a member of the Governance Review Task Force (GRTF) appointed by the board of directors. In addition, he has been a TESOL blogger in the area of English for Specific Purposes (ESP). He has more than 30 years of professional experience working for private, public, and academic sector institutions including Sony and the Japan Patent Office. His doctoral research on leadership communication (i.e., discourse) as a basis for leadership development was under the supervision of Emeritus Professor Christopher Candlin and Dr. Alan Jones.
Kevin Knight's Posts
- August 23, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Prithvi Shrestha
- August 9, 2016: New Book on Critical Genre Analysis of Professional Practice
- July 26, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Tarana Patel
- July 12, 2016: 4 Ways to Address the Question: What Is English for Specific Purposes?
- June 28, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Yilin Sun
- June 14, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Ismaeil Fazel
- May 31, 2016: Leadership Communication In Business English Class
- May 17, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Jigang Cai
- May 3, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Robert Connor
- April 19, 2016: ESPIS Founder Kay Westerfield: 50 At 50 Award Winner