Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Protecting students of all religious backgrounds from unlawful discrimination 25 July 2016
- English language courses for Malacca state officers 25 July 2016
- Feds investigate Memphis school district over migrant bias 25 July 2016
- Summer school serves English language learner students for Carson City School District students 25 July 2016
- Ex-JET teachers eyed to help improve English language tourist information 25 July 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Kevin Knight
Name: Kevin Knight
Bio: Kevin Knight (PhD in Linguistics, MBA, MPIA) is an associate professor in the Department of International Communication (International Business Career major) and has also been working in the Career Education Center of Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba, Japan. In the TESOL ESP Interest Section (ESPIS), he has served as chair and English in occupational settings (EOS) representative, and he is currently the ESPIS community manager. He was also a member of the Governance Review Task Force (GRTF) appointed by the board of directors. In addition, he has been a TESOL blogger in the area of English for Specific Purposes (ESP). He has more than 30 years of professional experience working for private, public, and academic sector institutions including Sony and the Japan Patent Office. His doctoral research on leadership communication (i.e., discourse) as a basis for leadership development was under the supervision of Emeritus Professor Christopher Candlin and Dr. Alan Jones.
Kevin Knight's Posts
- July 12, 2016: 4 Ways to Address the Question: What Is English for Specific Purposes?
- June 28, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Yilin Sun
- June 14, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Ismaeil Fazel
- May 31, 2016: Leadership Communication In Business English Class
- May 17, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Jigang Cai
- May 3, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Robert Connor
- April 19, 2016: ESPIS Founder Kay Westerfield: 50 At 50 Award Winner
- April 5, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Shahid Abrar-ul-Hassan
- March 22, 2016: TESOL-IATEFL Discussion: ESP Projects for Social Change
- March 8, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Kevin Knight