Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TESOL Press 17 October 2017
- How to embed foundational English skills in meaningful work 17 October 2017
- Guam English has numerous distinctions from mainland English, researcher says 17 October 2017
- Program helps students new to US adjust to English 17 October 2017
- 5 strategies for increasing engagement with ELL families 17 October 2017
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Kevin Knight
Name: Kevin Knight
Bio: Kevin Knight (PhD in Linguistics, MBA, MPIA) is an associate professor in the Department of International Communication (International Business Career major) and has also been working in the Career Education Center of Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba, Japan. In the TESOL ESP Interest Section (ESPIS), he has served as chair and English in occupational settings (EOS) representative, and he is currently the ESPIS community manager. He was also a member of the Governance Review Task Force (GRTF) appointed by the board of directors. In addition, he has been a TESOL blogger in the area of English for Specific Purposes (ESP). He has more than 30 years of professional experience working for private, public, and academic sector institutions including Sony and the Japan Patent Office. His doctoral research on leadership communication (i.e., discourse) as a basis for leadership development was under the supervision of Emeritus Professor Christopher Candlin and Dr. Alan Jones.
Kevin Knight's Posts
- October 10, 2017: Challenging Leadership Stereotypes Through Discourse
- October 5, 2017: ESP Project Leader Profile: Elizabeth Matthews
- September 19, 2017: ESP for Developing Creativity
- September 6, 2017: ESP Project Leader Profile: Kirsten Schaetzel
- August 22, 2017: ESP and the Power of Persuasion