Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- New law changes how English language learners are taught. But what comes next? 17 May 2019
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS: English Language Teacher Development (ELTD) Series 17 May 2019
- Foreign university students need help to learn English, not criticism 17 May 2019
- Personalized professional development 17 May 2019
- What do teachers really want from professional development? Respect 17 May 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Kevin Knight
Name: Kevin Knight
Bio: Kevin Knight (PhD in Linguistics, MBA, MPIA) is an associate professor in the Department of International Communication (International Business Career major) and has also been working in the Career Education Center of Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba, Japan. In the TESOL ESP Interest Section (ESPIS), he has served as chair and English in occupational settings (EOS) representative, and he is currently the ESPIS community manager. He was also a member of the Governance Review Task Force (GRTF) appointed by the board of directors. In addition, he has been a TESOL blogger in the area of English for Specific Purposes (ESP). He has more than 30 years of professional experience working for private, public, and academic sector institutions including Sony and the Japan Patent Office. His doctoral research on leadership communication (i.e., discourse) as a basis for leadership development was under the supervision of Emeritus Professor Christopher Candlin and Dr. Alan Jones.
Kevin Knight's Posts
- July 16, 2018: ESP Project Leader Profile: Gina Mikel Petrie
- June 5, 2018: ESP Project Leader Profile: Jennifer Speier
- May 2, 2018: ESP Project Leader Profile: Michael Ennis
- April 10, 2018: ESP Project Leader Profile: Elise Geither
- March 13, 2018: ESP Project Leader Profile: Jennifer Roberts