Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- US students satisfied with life, but some foreigners happier 24 April 2017
- Fewer learning English amid Trump deportation fears 24 April 2017
- Teaching ELLs to write academic essays 24 April 2017
- Study: Want a better job and salary? Master the English language 24 April 2017
- English Language Travel Industry Report 2016 24 April 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Kevin Knight
Name: Kevin Knight
Bio: Kevin Knight (PhD in Linguistics, MBA, MPIA) is an associate professor in the Department of International Communication (International Business Career major) and has also been working in the Career Education Center of Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba, Japan. In the TESOL ESP Interest Section (ESPIS), he has served as chair and English in occupational settings (EOS) representative, and he is currently the ESPIS community manager. He was also a member of the Governance Review Task Force (GRTF) appointed by the board of directors. In addition, he has been a TESOL blogger in the area of English for Specific Purposes (ESP). He has more than 30 years of professional experience working for private, public, and academic sector institutions including Sony and the Japan Patent Office. His doctoral research on leadership communication (i.e., discourse) as a basis for leadership development was under the supervision of Emeritus Professor Christopher Candlin and Dr. Alan Jones.
Kevin Knight's Posts
- November 15, 2016: From Languaging to English for Occupational Purposes
- November 2, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Jie Shi
- October 18, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Philip Chappell
- October 4, 2016: Leadership and Learner Autonomy for Achieving Your Dreams
- September 20, 2016: Under the Ice in a Business English Class in Japan
- September 6, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Robin Sulkosky
- August 23, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Prithvi Shrestha
- August 9, 2016: New Book on Critical Genre Analysis of Professional Practice
- July 26, 2016: ESP Project Leader Profile: Tarana Patel
- July 12, 2016: 4 Ways to Address the Question: What Is English for Specific Purposes?