Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- ESL students outperforming native speakers in England 19 February 2018
- Uber drops appeal against Transport for London's English language driver tests after changes to exam 19 February 2018
- Is there a language gap between native English speakers and migrants? 19 February 2018
- Teacher professional development should get personal 19 February 2018
- Millions in state bilingual funding not actively helping English language learners 19 February 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Kevin Knight
Name: Kevin Knight
Bio: Kevin Knight (PhD in Linguistics, MBA, MPIA) is an associate professor in the Department of International Communication (International Business Career major) and has also been working in the Career Education Center of Kanda University of International Studies in Chiba, Japan. In the TESOL ESP Interest Section (ESPIS), he has served as chair and English in occupational settings (EOS) representative, and he is currently the ESPIS community manager. He was also a member of the Governance Review Task Force (GRTF) appointed by the board of directors. In addition, he has been a TESOL blogger in the area of English for Specific Purposes (ESP). He has more than 30 years of professional experience working for private, public, and academic sector institutions including Sony and the Japan Patent Office. His doctoral research on leadership communication (i.e., discourse) as a basis for leadership development was under the supervision of Emeritus Professor Christopher Candlin and Dr. Alan Jones.
Kevin Knight's Posts
- October 5, 2017: ESP Project Leader Profile: Elizabeth Matthews
- September 19, 2017: ESP for Developing Creativity
- September 6, 2017: ESP Project Leader Profile: Kirsten Schaetzel
- August 22, 2017: ESP and the Power of Persuasion
- August 8, 2017: ESP Project Leader Profile: Vince Ricci