Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Traditional university teacher ed programs face enrollment declines, staff cuts 26 September 2022
- Back-to-School Resources and Books — Enjoy 20% Off! 26 September 2022
- Using Language Portraits to Explore Students' Identities 26 September 2022
- Why does inclusion often neglect the needs of deaf students? 26 September 2022
- Register Today for TESOL ELevate! 26 September 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Korey Marquez
Name: Korey Marquez
Bio: Korey Marquez earned a BA in English and International Studies at the University of Oregon, and an MA in English and a TESL certificate at Portland State University. After graduate school, she spent a year teaching university students in Slovakia and then taught ESL in Washington State for 10 years. One of her more unusual jobs was working as a lexicographer—a writer and editor of dictionaries—for Longman and Bloomsbury. Unfortunately, it did not help her become a better Scrabble player. Korey is also a freelance writer and editor, and keeps busy chasing after her two young boys. She currently works as a writing specialist for the Multilingual Learners Program at Sonoma State University in northern California.
Korey Marquez's Posts
- April 2, 2012: Professional Development: Everyday Options for the Overscheduled and Underfunded
- November 17, 2011: Hey, Is That a Phone Under Your Desk?
- September 9, 2011: The Wise OWL
- August 10, 2011: The Glass Half Full