Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Education Department pledges to prioritize needs of language learners 26 March 2015
- New study to examine Aussie English 26 March 2015
- New report offers state leaders, Feds advice to improve ELL education 26 March 2015
- International students stream into US colleges 26 March 2015
- Simple exercises to improve ELL reading skills — Part 2 26 March 2015
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Korey Marquez
Name: Korey Marquez
Bio: Korey Marquez earned a BA in English and International Studies at the University of Oregon, and an MA in English and a TESL certificate at Portland State University. After graduate school, she spent a year teaching university students in Slovakia and then taught ESL in Washington State for 10 years. One of her more unusual jobs was working as a lexicographer—a writer and editor of dictionaries—for Longman and Bloomsbury. Unfortunately, it did not help her become a better Scrabble player. Korey is also a freelance writer and editor, and keeps busy chasing after her two young boys. She currently works as a writing specialist for the Multilingual Learners Program at Sonoma State University in northern California.
Korey Marquez's Posts
- April 2, 2012: Professional Development: Everyday Options for the Overscheduled and Underfunded
- November 17, 2011: Hey, Is That a Phone Under Your Desk?
- September 9, 2011: The Wise OWL
- August 10, 2011: The Glass Half Full