Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Study: ELLs who master English early more likely to graduate on time 5 December 2016
- 'Makerspaces' for science instruction also proving helpful for English learners 5 December 2016
- Refugee and immigrant students encouraged to maintain native languages 5 December 2016
- Over 10,000 people back petition against English language tests for London private hire drivers 5 December 2016
- Denver schools with large numbers of English learners get less physical education 5 December 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena is a doctoral candidate in second language studies in the Department of English at Purdue University. She received her master’s in TESOL from Brigham Young University and has taught various ESL classes both in academic and community settings. Currently, she is an instructor of first-year composition courses at Purdue University. Her academic interests include second language writing, multimodal interaction, interpersonal aspects of language teaching, and teacher professional development.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- November 29, 2016: Four Games for Practicing Verb Tenses
- November 11, 2016: Writing A Dissertation: Tips From Former Ph.D. Students, Part 2
- October 28, 2016: Writing a Dissertation: Tips From Former PhD Students (Part 1)
- October 14, 2016: 20 Inspirational Quotes for Writing Motivation
- September 30, 2016: Feedback in Writing Teacher Education: 3 Suggestions
- September 16, 2016: 3 Ways to Avoid Appropriating Student Writing
- September 2, 2016: Graduate Student Voices: Writing as a Nonnative Speaker
- August 19, 2016: Do We Need More Studies on Teacher Feedback?
- August 5, 2016: Preparing Students for Discipline-Specific Writing
- July 22, 2016: More on Error Correction