- Do soundtracks improve reading comprehension? 1 August 2014
- The pros and cons of holding students back in school in light of third grade reading test results 1 August 2014
- Tips for focusing ELL student presentations 1 August 2014
- Osaka bets big on TOEFL to boost English levels 1 August 2014
- Professional Development Calendar 1 August 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena Shvidko is originally from Russia and has been in the United States for 7 years pursuing her education, most recently her doctorate in second language studies at Purdue University. Elena received her master's in TESOL from Brigham Young University and has taught various ESL classes both in academic and community settings. Currently, she is an instructor of first-year composition courses in the English department at Purdue University.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- July 25, 2014: Focus on Cultural Education: A Writing Activity
- July 11, 2014: Effective Peer Feedback Through Modeling: Part 2
- June 27, 2014: Effective Peer Feedback Through Modeling: Part 1
- June 13, 2014: 4 World Cup Writing Activities
- May 30, 2014: Hiking is Fun! The National Park Service Website for ESL Writing
- May 17, 2014: Please Don’t Stop the Music! Using Music in a Writing Class
- May 2, 2014: Teaching About Audience Through Public Service Announcements
- April 18, 2014: Using Proverbs in a Writing Class
- March 28, 2014: Live From TESOL 2014: Day 3: The Learning Goes On!
- March 27, 2014: Live From TESOL 2014: Transform the World Into a Better Place!