Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TESOL Press 22 April 2019
- Strikes driving change in states with lowest-paid teachers 22 April 2019
- How teachers use technology in the classroom 22 April 2019
- Graduation rates keep falling for English language learners in Rhode Island 22 April 2019
- Is the Texas Legislature doing enough for English learners in HB 3? 22 April 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena Shvidko is an assistant professor at Utah State University. She received her doctorate in second language studies from Purdue University and her master’s degree in TESOL from Brigham Young University. Her work appears in TESOL Journal, System, Journal on Response to Writing, TESOL interest section newsletters, and TESOL's New Ways series. Her research interests include second language writing, multimodal interaction, interpersonal aspects of language teaching, and teacher professional development.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- October 5, 2018: On Campus and Beyond: From Speaking to Writing, Part 2
- September 13, 2018: On Campus and Beyond: From Speaking to Writing, Part 1
- July 13, 2018: Exploring a Local Community Through Writing: Examples of Writing Assignments
- July 6, 2018: Exploring Campus Through Writing: Examples of Writing Assignments
- May 7, 2018: English Language Learners in University Classrooms: Practical Resources for Faculty