Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- English language teaching, a success story 23 August 2016
- Refugees sue Pennsylvania district, charge school not good enough 23 August 2016
- Is starting school easier for children who learn a language before English? 23 August 2016
- Standards for Short-Term TEFL/TESL Certificate Programs 23 August 2016
- English school threatens 'future of Norwegian language' 23 August 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena is a doctoral candidate in second language studies in the Department of English at Purdue University. She received her master’s in TESOL from Brigham Young University and has taught various ESL classes both in academic and community settings. Currently, she is an instructor of first-year composition courses at Purdue University. Her academic interests include second language writing, multimodal interaction, interpersonal aspects of language teaching, and teacher professional development.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- August 19, 2016: Do We Need More Studies on Teacher Feedback?
- August 5, 2016: Preparing Students for Discipline-Specific Writing
- July 22, 2016: More on Error Correction
- July 8, 2016: Some Thoughts on Disciplinary Division of Labor
- June 24, 2016: Lessons From the CCCC Statement on Second Language Writing and Writers
- June 10, 2016: Directed Self‐Placement for Second Language Writers
- May 27, 2016: Foreign Language Writing Instruction: My Experience
- May 13, 2016: 4 Ways to Help ELLs Self-Assess Their Writing
- April 29, 2016: Students Reflect: Challenges in the First Year of U.S. College
- April 15, 2016: Email Writing: 10 Classroom Activities