Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Educator pipeline at risk 22 September 2016
- Increasing our focus on general academic vocabulary 22 September 2016
- Language training for a globalized workforce 22 September 2016
- Vietnam to teach Chinese language in primary school from 2017 22 September 2016
- Common Core isn't going anywhere 22 September 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena is a doctoral candidate in second language studies in the Department of English at Purdue University. She received her master’s in TESOL from Brigham Young University and has taught various ESL classes both in academic and community settings. Currently, she is an instructor of first-year composition courses at Purdue University. Her academic interests include second language writing, multimodal interaction, interpersonal aspects of language teaching, and teacher professional development.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- September 16, 2016: 3 Ways to Avoid Appropriating Student Writing
- September 2, 2016: Graduate Student Voices: Writing as a Nonnative Speaker
- August 19, 2016: Do We Need More Studies on Teacher Feedback?
- August 5, 2016: Preparing Students for Discipline-Specific Writing
- July 22, 2016: More on Error Correction
- July 8, 2016: Some Thoughts on Disciplinary Division of Labor
- June 24, 2016: Lessons From the CCCC Statement on Second Language Writing and Writers
- June 10, 2016: Directed Self‐Placement for Second Language Writers
- May 27, 2016: Foreign Language Writing Instruction: My Experience
- May 13, 2016: 4 Ways to Help ELLs Self-Assess Their Writing