- English higher education faces enrollment slowdown 22 April 2014
- Common-assessment groups differ on accommodations 22 April 2014
- English language learners need help, not an inflexible state mandate 22 April 2014
- More than half new primary pupils struggle to speak English 22 April 2014
- Studies offer insights on implementing Common Core 22 April 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena Shvidko is originally from Russia and has been in the United States for 7 years pursuing her education, most recently her doctorate in second language studies at Purdue University. Elena received her master's in TESOL from Brigham Young University and has taught various ESL classes both in academic and community settings. Currently, she is an instructor of first-year composition courses in the English department at Purdue University.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- April 18, 2014: Using Proverbs in a Writing Class
- March 28, 2014: Live From TESOL 2014: Day 3: The Learning Goes On!
- March 27, 2014: Live From TESOL 2014: Transform the World Into a Better Place!
- March 22, 2014: Preconvention Thoughts
- March 7, 2014: 6 Ideas for Writing in the Real World
- February 21, 2014: Reflective Journals: Raising Students’ Awareness of Their Writing Processes
- February 7, 2014: Function-Based Vocabulary Notebooks
- January 24, 2014: Composing Professional and Academic E-mails
- January 10, 2014: Helping Students Write for a Real Audience: Travel Blogs
- December 27, 2013: 3 Writing Activities Using New Year Resolutions for ELLs