Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Californians, having curbed bilingual education, may now expand it 20 October 2016
- Math is about numbers, so it's easier for English learners, right? 20 October 2016
- Experts: Malaysians need the dual language program to enhance English proficiency in schools 20 October 2016
- Study: Charter schools boost English language learner rolls 20 October 2016
- London Uber drivers must pass English language test 20 October 2016
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena is a doctoral candidate in second language studies in the Department of English at Purdue University. She received her master’s in TESOL from Brigham Young University and has taught various ESL classes both in academic and community settings. Currently, she is an instructor of first-year composition courses at Purdue University. Her academic interests include second language writing, multimodal interaction, interpersonal aspects of language teaching, and teacher professional development.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- October 14, 2016: 20 Inspirational Quotes for Writing Motivation
- September 30, 2016: Feedback in Writing Teacher Education: 3 Suggestions
- September 16, 2016: 3 Ways to Avoid Appropriating Student Writing
- September 2, 2016: Graduate Student Voices: Writing as a Nonnative Speaker
- August 19, 2016: Do We Need More Studies on Teacher Feedback?
- August 5, 2016: Preparing Students for Discipline-Specific Writing
- July 22, 2016: More on Error Correction
- July 8, 2016: Some Thoughts on Disciplinary Division of Labor
- June 24, 2016: Lessons From the CCCC Statement on Second Language Writing and Writers
- June 10, 2016: Directed Self‐Placement for Second Language Writers