Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Bridging the gap 25 May 2018
- Speaking a second language may give low-income kids a boost 25 May 2018
- More and more adult literacy students in Nashville are immigrants 25 May 2018
- TESOL sends pair of letters expressing concern over possible US Department of Education reorganization 25 May 2018
- When it comes to educating immigrant teens, experts say there are no easy solutions 25 May 2018
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena Shvidko is an assistant professor at Utah State University. She received her doctorate in second language studies from Purdue University and her master’s degree in TESOL from Brigham Young University. Her work appears in TESOL Journal, System, Journal on Response to Writing, TESOL interest section newsletters, and TESOL's New Ways series. Her research interests include second language writing, multimodal interaction, interpersonal aspects of language teaching, and teacher professional development.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- December 1, 2017: How to Overcome Writer’s Block: Ideas from Writing Experts
- November 10, 2017: 7 Projects to Help Students Write for Audiences Beyond the Classroom
- April 28, 2017: 6 Online Dictionaries for English Learners
- April 14, 2017: Better Reading Comprehension: 5 Strategies
- April 3, 2017: How to Possess a Word