Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- US students satisfied with life, but some foreigners happier 24 April 2017
- Fewer learning English amid Trump deportation fears 24 April 2017
- Teaching ELLs to write academic essays 24 April 2017
- Study: Want a better job and salary? Master the English language 24 April 2017
- English Language Travel Industry Report 2016 24 April 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Elena Shvidko
Name: Elena Shvidko
Bio: Elena Shvidko is an assistant professor at Utah State University. She received her doctorate in second language studies from Purdue University and her master’s degree in TESOL from Brigham Young University. Her work appears in TESOL Journal, System, Journal on Response to Writing, TESOL interest section newsletters, and TESOL's New Ways series. Her research interests include second language writing, multimodal interaction, interpersonal aspects of language teaching, and teacher professional development.
Elena Shvidko's Posts
- October 28, 2016: Writing a Dissertation: Tips From Former PhD Students (Part 1)
- October 14, 2016: 20 Inspirational Quotes for Writing Motivation
- September 30, 2016: Feedback in Writing Teacher Education: 3 Suggestions
- September 16, 2016: 3 Ways to Avoid Appropriating Student Writing
- September 2, 2016: Graduate Student Voices: Writing as a Nonnative Speaker
- August 19, 2016: Do We Need More Studies on Teacher Feedback?
- August 5, 2016: Preparing Students for Discipline-Specific Writing
- July 22, 2016: More on Error Correction
- July 8, 2016: Some Thoughts on Disciplinary Division of Labor
- June 24, 2016: Lessons From the CCCC Statement on Second Language Writing and Writers